Sunday 19 June 2011

Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer

Continuing on my quest to find the perfect under eye concealer my next acquisition was Diorskin Nude (£19.50). Generally speaking I haven’t been a fan of Dior base products in the past but I'd heard good things about this from a trusted opinion.
It comes in a squeeze tube. The texture is a joy to apply, very smooth and creamy, yet quite lightweight, it blends in easily. It feels hydrating and does not apply cakey, although I do find it settles a bit into my lines so it requires a dusting of powder. I bought the lightest colour 001, its quite warm toned and a tad too dark for me but I can get away with it.
Swatches L-R:Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Porcelain, Diorskin Nude, Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer shade Fair I’d say the coverage is medium and its not enough for my level of dark circles/discolouration. It has an average wear with powder applied.
Picture below, the left eye has nothing on, the right eye has Diorskin Nude.
Overall, I do really like the texture of this and I think the finish is natural whilst offering a bit of brightness, however it doesn't provide the level of coverage I require. I’d certainly recommend this for those who don’t have a very dry under eye area and only require medium coverage.

Ingredients:

I bought this from Boots.

11 comments:

  1. I really want to try this! It sounds like it would work for me :) Looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it looks fabulous on you!!! now i really want to check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you don't like this enough??? It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the photo the results speak for themselves! Amazing. Almost makes me feel sad for parting with mine, but I got it for spots rather than under eye circles, Was a little too yellow for my liking x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that looks fabulous on you. The rt eye looks so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that looks like it knocks your darkness down a treat from the picture. This is on my 'to try' list. I very much like the sound of it from your review so it's getting bumped up the list!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh honey, I'm so sorry this did nor altogether work for you! I have to agree with the others though, I think it looks quite good. I guess I have less under-eye discolouration...
    When I'm done with my tube, I'll try the Hourglass one.
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had this concealer for months now, and I still can't decide what to say about it. I prefer my EF concealer to this, as the colour match is better and it spreads with less fuss over all terrain (dry patches, oily skin etc). But I find I need to work with the Dior a little more to get it to behave. Dry patches are exacerbated by it, and whilst it doesn't sink in to fine lines, sometimes I don't have the patience in the morning to work it into the skin (apply, blend, wait, blend again, wait etc). It's great to hear someone elses opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vintage Makeup,
    Thanks, it does seem to be rather popular :)

    Hi ketoglutarat,
    Thank you, it does have a really nice texture.

    Hi productdoctor,
    I just want the moon on a stick ;) I'll continue on my ultimate concealer search but might come back to this one :)

    Hi Lipstick Luvvie,
    Thank you. It is quite yellow toned and I wouldn't be able to use it on my face, although the ingredients are such that it would probably break me out if I did :)

    Hi luv2smilexo,
    Thank you :) it does give a bit of brightness, it is one of the better concealers out there.

    Hi Jane,
    I do think this would work for you as you don't need the level of coverage I do and I think you would like how easy it applies x

    Hi Nina,
    I'm glad to have tried it so thanks very much for the rec. I just need a bit more help in the eye department, I think I might get something a bit more heavy duty and blend the two together x

    Hi dempss01,
    I haven't used it over the rest of my face so wonder if I would experience the same things as you. I find it blends in really well and without any fuss under the eyes. I think I am steadily working my way through every undereye concealer out there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this product! Do you think it's as good as the Bobbi Brown concealer kit?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bridalgal,
    I don't think it offers quite as much coverage as the BB kit but I think the Dior has a better texture and applies/blends in much better than the BB.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin