Sunday 10 June 2012

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Empreinte and En Vogue

Part of the Summer release from Chanel, Empreinte and En Vogue (£24 each) offer a muted beige/nude lip or a brighter coral pink.

Swatched below (3 swipes each)

Empreinte is a sheer nude beige with subtle golden micro glitter, its very similar to the recently launched shade #71 Style, though it applies less colour and has more of a milky hue about it, of the two I find Style more flattering.


Swatched below Empreinte on the left, Style on the right (both two swipes)


En Vogue is rather deceptive, in the tube it looks like a bright coral, however it applies much more pink (it does contain fine micro glitter), and not nearly so bright.


For those who may have avoided this shade thinking it too warm, you can see the overriding pink tone when compared to warmer hues like Misia and Flirt below.
L-R: Misia, En Vogue, Flirt

 The lip swatch below of all three shades is courtesy of my little boy who I foolishly thought I could have in the same room whilst I quickly took swatches, I really just turned my back for a moment, so that's pretty quick lipstick application!


When I review Coco shines I always mention their poor lasting ability, this is again true of Empreinte, however En Vogue lasts much longer as it stain the lips a bit so that I have colour pretty much throughout the day.The texture pf Coco Shines is lightweight and quite hydrating and the finish is very glossy/shiny.

I bought these from John Lewis

14 comments:

  1. They both look so beautiful!
    Your boy swatches are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Drama Makeup,
      Thank you, I was just glad he didn't break them ;)

      Delete
  2. What is it about little boys and lipstick swatching? My not so little 19 yr old boy was the same at that age, but then I was deeply into MAC Twig and it was as if he had drunk a strong thick chocolate milk which had left a moustache,so deep and even was the mark! I do like the look of these though especially En Vogue. Thanks R xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan,
      oh dear, a Twig moustache does not sound good ;)
      En Vogue is my favourite of the two, I was surprised by how pink it was though xx

      Delete
  3. Hahaaahaaaa! Thank you so much for sharing that lip swatch as it has made my evening :D. So cute, what is it with makeup and small people, eh?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      I think I made matters worse as I let him help apply my makeup (only once as it wasn't the cute moment I had anticipated...) and since then he keeps springing up on me when I have any makeup near, offering his "help" xx

      Delete
  4. Your little boy is adorable. You are tempting me, both colors are gorgeous on your skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rola :) I think En Vogue is the most wearable of the two.

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh, did your heart drop when you saw what your cutie did? I can't imagine how your lipstick looks right now. That being said I think the lip colour on your little by looks good ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline,
      He has done worse than this ;) at least this time my lipsticks were ok, slightly squished on the ends but at least not broken :)

      Delete
  6. Impreinte is soo nice I love the color :)
    oh and your little boy is so cute that he tried it on his lip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi memoiselle,
      He does have a thing about my lipsticks :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, no no no. How dare you, lol! I have been out of the blog-reading loop for about a week, and what do I see here? More obsession-worthy RCS! I sometimes think we feed of one another's RCS obsession. Yes, it doesn't last, but I don't care. It is the most comfortable lipstick I have ever owned besides Jean Queen.

    En Vogue reminds me of Monte Carlo? Do you have that one?

    Your little boy is adorable with his adorable little baby teeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zuzu,
      Yes, I don't think we help each other, its all looking at each others goodies and wanting!
      I'm already thinking about the RCS that are coming out with the fall collectiion..
      I do have Monte Carlo, I'm sure that is more strawberry though, I'll have to do an update post on my RCS collection at some point so we can see all the shades swatched together.
      He is a sweetie (most of the time..... well some of it) x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin