Wednesday 10 July 2013

Lancome Alber Elbaz Hypnôse Doll Eyes

There was much excitement when news spread of the collaboration between Alber Elbaz and Lancome. The collection consists of four of Lancome's bests selling mascara, 3 shadow palettes, 3 singles and some false eyelashes.

Some posts I have read have stated that all the shadows in the collection are in the regular line-up, I couldn't see a dupe for this palette but as I am not oh-fay with Lancome, I'd be interested to know if this is the case?
I bought the least dramatic of the offerings, Hypnôse Doll Eyes palette (£38) with is adorned with a heart motif by Alber Elbaz.


A design feature I really like is that the palette is magnetised so that the little brushes don't fall out, which I think is a neat idea.
The palette contains a taupe/grey, black with a bit of sparkle, gunmetal grey, silver grey/beige and a very sheer pink with micro glitter. Apart from the black and pink, the other shades have a slight shimmer.

There is a variant in feel, some are smooth, whereas others feel dry to the touch. That said, they colours do apply well and I don't have any issues with blending them. Apart from the pink, the pigment is really good.
I am really pleased with the overall pigment and long wear time. For those wishing to create a classic smoky eye this is the perfect palette.



The mascara's in the collection are the same as those in regular line up but you pay the extra £1 for the limited edition packaging.
I found something strangely satisfying about having a matching palette and mascara (sometimes I'll lie them next to each other, because I am that strange).

I bought the Hypnôse Doll Eyes mascara (£23). It lengthens and gives thickness and is a very intense black. The only drawback is that its prone to smudge, so not best suited to warmer months.
One thing I should mention is that it contains a strong fragrance, it doesn't cause me any problems but I really can't understand its inclusion given that fragrance is cited as one of the main causes of skin irritation in make-up (and combining this with how sensitive peoples' eyes can be).
Still, fragrance issues aside, I am really loving these and will pay more attention to Lancome from now on.

I bought these from boots.

12 comments:

  1. I really love that palette! Such gorgeous, neutral shades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The palette looks lovely on you! I've been so tempted to get this one every time I have seen it in the mall recently...The packaging is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I bet this would lovely on you, give in to the temptation ;)

      Delete
  3. Hey Clare, that eye palette looks gorgeous, I'm glad to hear that it performs well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased with it, of course it now makes me want to buy more of their palettes :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review. I swatched this palette today and some of the shades felt very dry but the taupe shade in the middle of three middle ones was exceptionally pretty, is I may cave in a few days. If you say they apply well.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, had I swatched in store I wouldn't have bought it, so its a good thing they go on a lot better than they feel. I'll be interested to see if you cave ;)

      Delete
  5. these look so pretty but Lancome really doesnt entice me . Maybe I need to give these a swatch ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, its not an exciting brand in some ways, I do think this palette is a good staple to have in your collection though :)

      Delete
  6. Hey Clare,
    I'm not a big fan of Lancome but I must admit that this packaging tempts me! The mascara looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say it was the packaging that draw me in ;)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin