Sunday 13 April 2014

Dior Addict Fluid Stick Frisson & Rieuse

There has been quite a buzz about the latest lip formulation from Dior, there are a lot of new liquid lip launches at the moment but I was especially eager to try these new wonders after reading the enticing review from the lovely drivelaboutfrivol.

The SA let me buy some shades before the official release in the UK (16th April), of course this meant that I didn't get to swatch/test the colours before buying but I am pleased with my choices.

Available in 16 shade, I bought 2 of the more natural/sedate looking shades (£26 each).
#239 Frisson is a peach /apricot
 
 
#373 Rieuse is a warm pink (both shades have a shine finish, though appear more satin if you wear them lightly)
 
 
The colours are extremely opaque/pigmented (there is no bleeding of colour), though also adaptable as you can wear as a sheer wash or full on colour. 
 
They apply really smooth, with a creamy, lightweight feel however they really cling/hug onto the lips and are tacky when you press your lips together. They have a long wear time which fades evenly.
I really love that these feel moisturising and do not leave lips feeling dry after wear. 
 
Ingredients below (they are scented). 
This product is a thumbs up for me; it packs a punch with colour, yet is great when used sheerly to give a wash of colour, it has a flattering finish with a good wear time and doesn't dry out the lips.
 
I bought these from Boots

21 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like these, too! The opinions are rather divided in the blogosphere. Some say they don't wear that well, and others say they are sticky. On me they wear really well, and I really only find them slightly tacky. Overall I'm super impressed! I just bought Rieuse yesterday as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see Rieuse being one of their most popular ones :) I can undecided why opinions are divided, I have to say when I first tried them I wasn't keen but the more I wear them the more I like :)

      Delete
  2. I really like the look of Rieuse, will definitely have to check these out as the formula looks very lush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a lovely shade, I bet you will find quite a few you like, they had some really nice deeper red/plum shades so I might go for one of the more dramatic ones next time :)

      Delete
  3. Oh nooo Clare, what are you doing to me? I had decided to "kinda" pass on these for now (they've been out a few weeks here) but these 2 colors are right up my alley. Both you and Sunny are not helping me, not one bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well we do am to entice :) I'm surprised I like these really as don't usually like that clinging somewhat tacky feel, but the versatility of the colour depth and wear makes me overlook any minor grumbles :)

      Delete
  4. You chose two really pretty colours. I only bought one of the Fluid Sticks so far, in the colour Artifice: it's a beautiful bright but wearable orange/red. I like how smooth and moisturizing these feel on, but I'm not a huge fan of the initial stickiness and transfer of the product onto every single cup of morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, they do transfer quite a lot, best not go round kissing lots of people ;)
      I am going to have a look at the more deeper shades, looking forward to trying the nail polishes as well.

      Delete
  5. Both of the shades you chose look lovely! I have been curious about these and plan to pick up at least one soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see you in both these shades :) its a lovely selection though I felt like the majority of shades were more deeper/bright xx

      Delete
  6. your colour choices are beautiful! I specially like Rieuse! so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did home in on the more natural looking shades :) there are some lovely reds in the line up though.

      Delete
  7. Ahhh these are beautiful soft shades :)
    I really appreciate your shot of Rieuse as we're closer in skintone -- it's definitely going in my shopping cart come May (end of nobuy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No buy is like a swear word isn't it :) Glad to entice you and thank you for your great review that gave me no choice but to pick some up :)

      Delete
  8. I gave in and bought one tonight. Instead of going for the uber bright colours I decided on Rose Tricheuse 669 instead, can't wait to try it out.I love the shades you picked out for yourself Clare, very you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll look forward to your review, I don't recall that shade so it might be one that I need to pick up as well :)

      Delete
  9. I love these! I have 8 out of 16 colours 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, you must love them :) I've bought one more since this review and do have my eyes on a few others.

      Delete
  10. I really like both of those liquid lip colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like both of those lip colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying them, I picked up a brighter one which I'll have to review soon, though do prefer these as they are a bit more natural :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin