Sunday 17 May 2015

Burberry Complete Eye Palette Rose No. 10

Due the the recent Burberry shadow reformulations, I'm not sure what the future holds for the Complete Eye Palettes. Whether they will be reformulated as well or completely replaced I'd thought I'd better get round to this review.

Complete Eye Palette Rose (£40) was originally part of the Spring 2014 English Rose collection but is now part of the regular line up.

It contains a matte dusty clay rose/pink, a soft shimmering/satin taupe with a pink sheen, light shimmery/frosted pink and a pale frosted cream highlighting shade.

Apart from the light pink, which has the same smooth, buttery texture of the Burberry singles, the other shades felt a tiny bit dryer, most noticeably on the deepest shade (though I did not get fall out)  though they still applied smoothly with no problems in blending. Pigment is good apart from the taupe which applies much softer and I feel like there is not enough shade distinction between the lighter two shades.


I can't help finding this a bit too frosty for me. I don't normally equate Burberry with a frosted finish so its a shame the two lighter shades are not more satin. However if you don't mind a bit of frost, the colours work harmoniously to create a delicate shimmery eye look and the deeper rose/pink shade adds an interesting edge.


I bought this from http://uk.burberry.com/beauty/

11 comments:

  1. Hey Clare, this quad is most probably not for me! I don't do much pink on the eyes, and frost isn't my best friend. I like the look you came up with tho! Almost tempted because of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny :) I find pinks are not the best on me but these work nicely so its a shame about the frost.

      Delete
  2. Hi dear Clare! This quad is very pretty and like the colours combinations on your eye. In this period I do not use pink colours on my eyes because my skin tone has become quite bronzed, so generally I prefer brown tones or very bright colours! Thanks for sharing your opinion about this product! Kisses.
    Marghd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I don't wear a lot of pinks on eyes and if I do it tends to be the more sheer shimmery types, I like brown tones as well though can't wear brights as well as you do.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the review! I've had my eye on this since it was released, but I have a hard time with frost on my lids, so I think it's a no go for me. Too bad bc I love the color combo. Will be interesting to see what Burberry does with the quads...seems so much is getting reformulated so I wouldn't be surprised. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was back and forth whether to get this as well as reviews were quite mixed, if it wasn't for the frost it would be a winner I think. I'm wondering if all the quads will be changed as quite a few are out of stock on their site, reminds me I want to order some of their new lip/cheek blooms.

      Delete
  4. I am so disappointed in my latest Burberry quad that I'm reluctant to buy more. I bought Gold after seeing fabulous reviews but on me it's just dull looking. I wish it was different. I don't mind some shimmer but the Rose one is too pink for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink is tricky to wear I find. What a shame you do not get on with Gold, I have and like that one, if I have shadows that look dull I'll add a bit of a light coloured Chanel, Illusion D'Ombre shadow to give it a bit of a lift.

      Delete
  5. It is a pretty and soft look.It looks so pretty in the pan, its a pity about the frosty shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, shame me and frost do not get on :)

      Delete
    2. Agree, I don't know what to do with frosty shades, they just look too OTT.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin