Sunday 14 March 2010

Suqqu Spring Kisui Collection: Part 1

I finally decided it was about time I bought some Suqqu rather than just drooling at online pictures!
The Spring collection looked full of wearable delicate neutrals so I thought this a good place to start.
I bought the Noble Nuance eyeshadow quad, (£38 each) in EX01 Umegasane and EX02 Sukashizumi.
EX01 contains a sheer delicately sparkled pink, warm shimmery copper rose beige, matte cream and a matte deep brown.
EX02 contains a sheer delicately sparkled cream,shimmery taupe, matte very pale lilac and a matte charcoal.
The shadows have a soft, silky texture and meld into each other with ease; on the whole I’d say pigmentation was on the sheer side. I do need to wear a base with these to ensure the colour stays true all day.
I am really impressed with the looks I can get with these, it doesn’t seem to be just you normal neutrals, and the depth that can be achieved with the layering of colours creates a subtle variant of tones.
I got two of the Noble Nuance Lipsticks (£24 each). EX02 Yamamomo (delicate pink) and EX05 Suzumecha (pinky peach nude). Both have no shimmer.
Pictured, EX02 above, EX05 below.
These have a lovely comfortable light texture and give a natural looking glaze of colour to the lips. Swatch is EX02 left, EX05 right.
I ordered these over the phone from Selfridges London. The lady was really pleasant however I did have to phonetically spell every single letter in my name and address. Due to the noise in the store I had to go over my card/phone numbers and what I was ordering several times, this didn’t make it the best experience and to be honest does put me off ordering again. There were some other things I wanted not from the spring line but I didn’t want to have to go through repeating everything and I did feel like I was troubling the SA as it was taking a long time going through everything. Now that Selfridges are selling online I really hope they add Suqqu to the line up as I really rate everything I have from them.

8 comments:

  1. So glad you like them; I thought this was a good collection for you and your delicate colouring. The counter is in a really noisy bit; here's hoping they do bring the brand online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, though I really want to get Umegasane now too :-)

    The lipsticks look very nice, would you say they are moisturising on the lips? I'm very picky about lipsticks and only like glazey/balmy finishes and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace,
    Thanks for your great post on the spring collection,it made choosing what to get a breeze :)

    Hi Glamoured,
    I really like the lipsticks and I do find them moisturising, not as much as my RBR but they come second out of all my brands. I think I would say these fit with the description of balm feel and glaze finish, you know that means you must get one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PBI - but to Glamoured - you might have a look at the Shiseido Tender Sheer lipsticks, those are a lovely, very comfy balm finish.

    I do totally agree with Replica on the texture, and also that RBR ones are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must get my hand on some Suqqu, seriously, one of the regrets I had from my last London trip was that I didn't manage to even have a look at the Suqqu counter...but hey, great news (for me, I don't expect you to be ecstatic about it!!) I've just booked a long weekend in London at the end of May, so the Suqqu SAs had better watch out!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna,
    I'll have you know I am ecstatic about it actually ;) Do check out Suqqu if you get the chance, oh and Le Metier!! I'll be interested to see what you get x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello
    I'm just wondering what is the shipping cost you have to pay if you order over the phone? Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi AC,
    I'm pretty sure it was £4.95, I can remeber thinking that it was a bit cheaper than a lot of the other stores. Would love to know what you are planning to get ?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin