Sunday 4 December 2011

Trish McEvoy Portable Beauty Collection Romance

As the SPF 15 lipstick in shade Mulberry was not available on the Selfridges website I decided to console myself with this little beauty instead. The Portable Beauty romance collection (£60) is presented in a chic little red case complete with a bow.
It has a fitted mirror and a click shut feature. Inside you get a portable beauty card, two tiny brushes, an instant eye lift under eye brightener and beauty booster lip gloss (both deluxe travel size).

Beauty Emergence Card Romance: A slimline mirrored compact, measuring roughly 3.4 inches by 2 inches .
It contains eyeshadows in Romance (frosty slightly silvered lilac), Shell (matte pinked cream), Antique Rose (matte dusty pink), Eye Definer Deep Aubergine (matte deep blackened purple).
When I initially swatched these the frostiness of the Romance shade and the pinkness of Antique Rose gave me hesitation. On the eyes, I really like these, Romance has a lively twinkle to it and though Antique Rose is indeed pink, it works surprising well against the coolness of Romance.
The card also contains the Bronzer Golden, I already have this in the full size, its a medium bronze with a golden glow and very subtle shimmer, the more I use the bronzer the more I like it and its become a staple product for me. I think its a good one for those who are cool toned and fair, as its not too dark, not too warm and doesn't go on with a red or orange tone.
Swatches of the eyeshadows and bronzer (please note I don't do heavy swatches as I try to swatch as per what I would put on, as in this case, just two soft swipes of each product)

Instant Eye Lift under–eye brightener: This comes with a doe foot applicator. Its a matte peachy beige nude shade. It doesn't emphasis lines, nor does it go on cakey. It does give a subtle brightening effect, I like this but think I need something a bit more heavy duty.
Beauty Booster Lip Gloss SPF 15 Sexy Petal. This is a very sheer pink (you just get a whisper of colour) that contains micro glitter.
It has quite a thick texture and does feel quite balm like, yet it is a bit tacky/sticky which I am not a fan of, though to be fair there are only a handful of brand's glosses I like.
Swatches of the lip gloss and instant eye lift

Dual Ended Eye Brush Brush 50 Angled Eye Lining/Brush 23 Angled Crease Contour and Brush 48 Blending.
The #48 brush feels soft and is quite versatile, I can use it for Blush, bronzer, highlighter and precise application of loose powder. I was very surprised how well this worked with bronzer as I was assuming that due to its small size I'd just got a splodge of concentrated colour on my face but it applies a sheer application of colour and blends in the edges really well. The #50 brush has a thinner brush head compared to a MAC 266, and is slightly stiffer (though not uncomfortable) as a result of this its much more precise. The 23 has a surprisingly large brush head so I was pleased that it worked nicely, it picks up quite a bit of colour but deposits its evenly, I'd say it gives a more natural crease definition that you don't have to worry about blending.

I think they have chosen the colours really well, its touted as being universally flattering and I do think that a fair assertion, I think this would be a safe present option (though you'd probably want to keep it for yourself). The stand out for me has to be the beauty emergency card as I really like the look it creates, its soft, natural, defined with a little bit of twinkle.

Ingredients:

I bought this from Selfridges

6 comments:

  1. That palette is soooooooo pretty! The packaging is absolutely adorable! I'll have to look into this brand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vintage Makeup,
    It is sweet, TM always do nice kits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kit is amazing! I'm very tempted by the pink eyeshadows they look so gorgeous on you - so elegant but a bit different from nude. Only thing is I don't like double-ended brushes but all the other goodies kind of make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ana,
    Thank you :) I do really like that shadow, they do it as a single as well. I know what you mean about double ended brushes, they are always a bit difficult to store :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent treat! The palette looks beautiful. I don't think the bronzer would work on me, but that collection of eyeshadows is so pretty, and it looks brilliant on you. The Lilac looks more metallic than frosty. Would you say that's the case?

    Now I am thinking I might need Aubergine. Does it have a thickish, creamy, almost-waxy texture? I have one in Navy (discontinued), which has the nicest texture to apply with an angle brush--there's zero powder fallout because it's not powdery; it's a little sticky if that makes sense.

    And that Sexy Petal lip gloss looks soooo pretty. But I am averting my eyes from the brushes. I have heard such great things about TM brushes, but after my Hakuhodo splurge/binge this past spring, I. Do. Not. Need. Brushes!!

    Excellent post, as always. : )

    Oh! And you would be so proud of me. I finally found my perfect pale lip color!! I never thought I would be able to wear a color that wasn't at least a shade brighter than my own lips, but I am very happy to have found a nice shiny one: Clinique Pink-a-boo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zuzu's Petals,
    Thank you, I'm really glad you liked the post ;)
    I'd say the Lilac swatches frosty but doesn't apply with the same finish, I think it veers towards metallic but is not full on, if that makes sense. It is really pretty, I can see myself using it up so its good they do a full size one if it.
    This is my second Aubergine as I used up the one I used to have, I wouldn't say its creamy as such but definitely has a thick texture, really pigmented and its perfect for liner as the colour doesn't migrate at all if you get what I mean so you get a good solid line.
    I was tempted to get their brush set but think its around the £200 mark, so I stepped away from that! People are always raving about them though, as these ones in the set were so little I was surprised by how great the quality was.
    Congratulations on finding a wearable pale lip colour, so does this mean I need to seek out Pink a boo now ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin