Sunday 26 February 2012

Terre d'Oc Compact Eye Shadow & Organic Concealer

Terre d'Oc is a brand that offer a variety of products such as candles, home fragrance, body care, skincare and makeup.
At the moment we only seem to have the makeup available in the UK.
The range is organic (Ecocert certified) and the products are not tested on animals. The makeup seems to be mineral based and offers more natural looking colours.
From a very limited shade selection, I bought the Compact Eye Shadow in Gris Tighza (£13.50). The colour is a shimmery silver/grey.
It has good pigment and feels quite smooth. It blends well but requires a primer to get it to last and prevent colour fade.
Though this formula is not on par with my favourite shadows, I don't have anything negative to say about the shadow, given the price bracket.

Ingredients:

I also bought the Organic Concealer (£12).

It only comes in two shades, so I went for the lightest, #51 Pure Beige. The colour is suited for light toned skin and has a pink/peach tone.
The coverage is unfortunately very sheer and I didn't find it buildable. It has a reasonable amount of slip and I found it settled into lines under the eyes and did not adhere well to uneven or dry areas. Whilst this works for light concealment on the face, I find it gives an unflattering finish under the eye. As you can see in the picture below it accentuates the bumps on the skin and has applied patchy (I'm also wearing the Gris Tighza shadow in the picture).
Ingredients:

Swatches of both products below:

I can't say these products have made me want to explore the line anymore, but I do think that if you are looking to switch to a more natural/organic range, then the eyeshadows might be a good starting point.

I bought these from naturisimo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin