Wednesday 18 July 2012

Ambre Botanicals: Herbal body scrub & Mango and Carrot Seed Extra Rich Hand Cream

AMBRE Botanicals is a relatively new skin and body care brand. For me they are the epitome of what a natural brand should be. The products are made by hand in small batches, they use only plant-derived ingredients in their pure, raw state.The formulations do not contain any water nor chemical ingredients, preservatives, artificial colour or fragrance, and they use a special cold process ( ingredients are not heated above 30°C ) to retain their natural, potent, nutrients.

The Mango and Carrot Seed Extra Rich Hand Cream (£17) is dense with a balm like texture. Yellow in colour it has a slightly herbal scent. As its so concentrated (like all their products) I only need to use a tiny bit . It melts on application and applies and sinks in well without leaving a greasy feel. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and is very effective in alleviating any dryness or rough bits and leaves hands feeling smooth and comfortable.

 Ingredients: Mango Butter (Mangifera Indica), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Carrot Seed Oil (Daucus Carota Linn), Sunflower Oil (Helianthus Annuus). Non-GMO Natural Vitamin E (D-alpha Tocopherol), Rosemary Antioxidant (Rosmarinus Officinalis). Pure essential oils of: Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), Lemon (Citrus Limonum), Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea ). Components naturally occurring in essential oils: Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate.

The Herbal body scrub (£20) contains sugar cane to remove dead skin cells and apricot kernel and safflower oils to moisturise the skin. There is a slight coating left on the skin (not greasy like some scrubs) which leaves my dry skin comfortable.

Its a very effective scrub that is not too harsh and does not irritate my very sensitive skin. Perhaps my favourite aspect of this is the aroma. Its eucalyptus, basil and clary sage. It really is uplifting and makes me feel more awake and clear headed, if they could bottle this aroma I'd douse myself in it for the 14:00 work slump. Like the majority of scrubs it is a tad messy to use, I use a spoon to mix the oil and solid elements together and just put a bit on and work it over the body.

 Ingredients:Safflower Oil (Carthamus Tinctorius), Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera), Vegetable Wax, Cane sugar, Glycerine. Botanicals: Lemongrass, Eucalyptus, Olive, Spinach, Iris root, Rosehip. Non-GMO Natural Vitamin E (D-alpha Tocopherol), Rosemary Antioxidant (Rosmarinus Officinalis). Pure essential oils of: Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Radiata), Basil (Ocimum Basilicum), Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea). Components naturally occurring in essential oils: Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol.

I'm thoroughly impressed with this brand and have ordered quite a lot more which I'll review soon; it suits my highly sensitive skin, I really like how pared down and raw the ingredients and processes are and there is also something satisfying buying from an independent brand.

My husband has an Etsy account which is where I bought these from (etsy.com). You can also buy AMBRE from beingcontent.com and ambrebotanicals.com

# For some great reviews on Ambre, please visit Grace from Londonmakeupgirl

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review and the reminder that I had this hand cream in mind for autumn/winter after Grace's review. Although I'm rubbish with this kind of scrub, I like the sound of the uplifting fragrance very much. My slump starts at from about 10am onwards...
    :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      I'm sure the 10am slump comes about having 3 little ones, I don't know how you manage, I think I'd be red bulling it everyday ;)
      I think you'd find quite a bit to like from this brand, I am really liking everything I have so far xx

      Delete
  2. The hand cream is on my list to get, I tested some of the products several weeks back in Content and they all feel lovely. I did get the Pumpkin seed face cream but I wish I had sniffed the scrub, it sounds right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meeta,
      I have that face cream as well, I really love it as a night cream. Its a really nice range, I hope they bring out some more products, I bet they would do a great hair mask x

      Delete
  3. Oh, that scrub sounds great. I love that kind of smell! Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace,
      Well thank you so much for bringing this brand to my attention, I've gone all out and got the majority of the stuff, the body and hand cream really suit my little boy's sensitive skin as well x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin