Wednesday 11 July 2012

BM Beauty Dewy Perfection Finishing Powder & Eye Shadow Brush

I was reordering my mineral foundation from BM Beauty and would you believe it some other items jumped in my basket!


For those new to BM beauty they are a UK company that offers mineral makeup. They are approved by BUAV and the products are suitable for Vegans. The products are free from bismuth oxychloride, parabens, nano particles and synthetic dyes and fragrances.

The Finishing Powder comes in one shade, called Dewy Perfection (£8). Though its a slightly peachy champagne, once on the skin it only imparts a whisper of colour.

It gives a very subtle dewy sheen to the skin without looking frosty,sparkly or shiny. It applies very well and does not feel heavy like a lot of mineral makeup can.

The brand has a concise range of seven brushes (all synthetic). The Eyeshadow Brush (£8)  is more of a crease brush in terms of its oval shape and length.

Its reasonable dense but does not feel too firm, it picks up product well and deposits and blends very nicely. Given the low price I am really impressed with this.

 As I spent a certain amount I qualified for some samples. The blusher in Velvet Dawn is a slightly dusty warm pink with very slight golden shimmer.

I often find loose mineral blushers can be overly pigmented, unblendable and a shimmery mess, so I was very surprised just how workable this was on the skin. Its easy to not over do the colour, it blends in very well with extremely good wear time.
The other sample I got was a eyeshadow called Looking Glass.

Its a matte white that does not look chalky nor dry and it adheres well to the lid and has good colour payoff.

Swatches L-R: Finishing Powder, blusher,eyeshadow

I've not been a fan of the majority of mineral makeup brands on the market but BM beauty is undoubtedly a solid brand, and one that I hope will expand its range as it certainly has a lot to offer.

 I bought these from bmbeauty.com ( the samples I qualified for as I spent over £40)

2 comments:

  1. The blusher looks very pretty. I purchased some samples of the foundation and I really like the texture, it's slightly more natural luminous than the Lily Lolo I was using although I think I'm going to have to look again at shades - I suspect I'm a little in between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meeta,
    I do really like the foundation, though the lightest shade is a tad too dark. I was impressed with the sampels they sent as they contain quite a lot of product and I was thinking about getting the blush shade anyhow, so I lucked out there ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin