Sunday 20 November 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-lasting Eye Pencil - Feline Gaze & Eyes Wide Open Brightening Liner Duo

Rouge Bunny Rouge brought out a new type of liner this year in the form of the long lasting eye pencils (available in 3 shades).
The texture is creamy so glides on with no tugging. It sets quite fast, though if I move quick I can buff this out to use as a lid shade. The liner feels very comfortable on (non drying), stays put all day with no colour fade. Another bonus is that its not difficult to remove like a lot of other long wear pencils on the market.
Its one of those twist mechanism ones, like many of these types it doesn't come with a built in sharpener. Though not a necessity I do prefer to have a sharp point with my liners.
The shade Lola (£22) is a stunning, rich coffee bean with golden shimmer.
Swatched below on the left and then again but blended out a bit on the right

Ingredients:


Next we have the Eyes Wide Open Brightening Liner Duo (£22.50).
It contains a brightener on one end (matte cool pink) and highlighter on the other (glistening pearly white). Both shades have good pigment.
The pink works well on the waterline to make the area look less red and the pearl white is good under the brown bone, inner and outer corner of eyes, I've also used it sparingly on top of the cheek bone.
I am really liking the texture of this, creamy yet not slippery and they don't go on chalky or look harsh.
Ingredients:

I've been using both liners together, Lola on the lid with the white and pink of the brightening liner on the rest of the eye area, quite a contrast but I really like it, its very quick but gives quite a strong look.

Rouge Bunny Rouge is available from www.zuneta.com

Disclosure: I was sent these items for free.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this review. I recently fell for one of the older pencils (in Vera) despite being a committed gel/liquid liner girl, or so I thought. Great to know that these new ones sustain RBR's usual quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love Lola! Both formulations are excellent. As for the duo pencil, I'm now getting very curious...hmmm!
    Thanks for the excellent review hon :)
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate,
    I'm quite picky with eye pencils but RBR are one of my favourites. I hope they come out with some colourful options of the long lasting ones :)

    Hi Nina,
    Lola is a must have, the pigment is just so good.
    I can't wait till their new loose pigments come out, I can't recall if you have any of the pigments yet? I'll be snapping those up when they pop up on the Zuneta site! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have pretty eyes. love that color. i am not sure if it'll look as good as me.... but i may just try it. great blog... new follower. :)
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello AdamAlexMommy,

    Thank you :) it is a lovely shade, it goes really nice with the new RBR pigments as well. Glad you like the blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin