Sunday 7 October 2012

Chantecaille Elephant Cheek Shade

Part of the beautiful Fall collection, the elephant embossed limited edition fun cheek shade (£30) is a real gem.

Like the eyeshadow palette (reviewed here), five percent of proceeds will be donated to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, an organisation that rescues, fosters and release baby elephants orphaned by ivory poaching.


The Fun cheek shade is described as a soft apricot, I tend to think of apricot as a slightly yellow orange peach so for me I'd say this is more of a subtle true peach shade with a satin finish. It does have a shimmer over spray which makes it look a bit darker than it actually is (the overspray is gone after one use).
Below with the overspray off


It has a smooth very lightweight feel, and blends smoothly onto the skin. This type of shade is a great face brightener and the tones of this do not compete with the rest of my makeup so I am able to wear it with any eye look.

I have similar colours but not any dupes. Swatched below L-R Benefit Coralista, By Terry blush Terrybly #100 Torrid Peach, Chantecaille Fun, Sisley Phyto-Blush Eclat #05.

This is just such a wearable shade that instantly enlivens the complexion.

Ingredients:

I bought this from SpaceNK

10 comments:

  1. The elephant embossing is too cute! I like the warm color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rola,
      It is such a pretty design, I'm sure a lot of people will be tempted on that alone :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty blush Replica. I always get sucked in by pretty packaging and this i the nicest. I love the colour too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline,
      I always get sucked in as well :) Glad that its such a lovely colour, I am feeling tempted by their lip chics in the fall collection as well now.. ;)

      Delete
  3. This looks a lovely blush and is testing my resolve to not buy any more makeup before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi stiperstones,
      I wish you luck in your makeup ban, I wish I had as much restraint :)

      Delete
  4. What a cute blush from Chantecaille :) The color looks very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi memoiselle,
      Yes,it certainly is a cute little thing :)

      Delete
    2. You have a great peachy blush collection! I like this color as well and agree it is a very wearable shade and suits just about any eye look! :)

      Delete
    3. Hello,
      I do find that I wear peachy shades more and more, they seem to be more forgiving than pinks :) x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin