Wednesday 10 October 2012

NARS Vent Glacé Eyeshadow Duo

I was somewhat dubious of the Vent Glace (£24) duo from the Nars Fall collection, it looked like one of those combinations that could easily turn to frost, yet the more blog posts I saw of the duo, I couldn't withstand the call anymore.

The shades are described as a “platinum” and “silver smoke.”


On me its a light silver white with a shimmery, frosted finish and a shimmered dirty grey/sage (a hard to describe shade, but undeniably interesting).

I can't help but wish that the lighter shade was omitted and replaced with something a bit deeper to lend a bit of balance, as whilst the colours are pretty I feel it registers as too icy looking on my skin.

The pigmentation is good, and they feel soft and smooth, I do need a base to get these to last and not crease.
Ingredients:


I bought this from John Lewis

8 comments:

  1. Wow it looks nice! At first I thought it would be boring, but when I see your swatch it looks very pretty! Your eye looks very elegant too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I do really like the sage side, I think the duo woks better using a darker colour in the crease though.

      Delete
  2. Replica, I wish the duo had a little more contrast. The pigmentation looks really nice and it looks lovely on your lids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jacqueline, it could have been great I think if they have gone with dare I say a taupe shade instead of the white :) Glad you like the look :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, Replica this is so stunning on you!! Your EOTD is simply gorgeous!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lola, I wasn't going to post it as I thought it looked pants really, so am glad it meets your approval ;) I ordered that purple Le Metier gloss you posted about by the way xx

      Delete
  4. I had the same worries that this palette might be too frosty/icy. I couldn't pass it up though, but have yet to try it out. It looks lovely on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be very interested to hear how it works for you :) Still I am glad you didn't see this post and how it looked on me and thought oh no! ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin