Sunday 23 December 2012

Kevyn Aucoin: The Sensual Skin Tinted Balm

The Kevyn Aucoin brand has recently brought out a Sensual Skin Tinted Balm. The packaging is extremely sleek, its very streamlined and smooth, with the signature black and red finish.

 
The paraben and oil free formula contains botanical rice extract and is rich in peptides, its meant to increase cell longevity and induce a delay in ageing.
It comes in only 4 shades, I bought the lightest SB01 (£36) and though its a bit darker than my natural colour, it is wearable and doesn't have an overly yellow nor pink tone, though it does lean warm.
Swatched below, KA on the left and MAC face & body N1 on the right
 
It has a creamy consistency but manages to feel light weight. It glides onto the skin and blends in extremely well, though I do see potential for this to highlight dry areas. It gives light coverage (a step more than a typical tinted moisturiser) yet evens out the skin well. I really love the finish of this, it just looks very natural, its not dewy as such but looks very fresh.
This was absolutely going to be a re-buy for me but unfortunately something in it does not agree with my skin and I get a lot of spots every time I wear this (I am extremely break out prone so this might not be an issue for you).
 
I think if acne is not a problem for you and you have normal/combination/slightly dry skin and want a light coverage with a natural your skin but better finish this could be what you are looking for.

I bought this from spacenk.com



4 comments:

  1. Gosh, from the ingredients, it looks like a bit of a silicone-fest. I have to admit that, although I really like the Kevin Aucoin bits that I have, their base products never seem to appeal to me. I think I am an oddity as I have a feeling they are their biggest sellers?

    Have you ever tried the KA pencil liners R? I have a real thing for the Basic Black.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    Yes it does seem its their base products that get all the mention. I've not tried their liners but will make a note of that, I was wondering about trying their new shadow singles and duos, wondered if they were different formula from the palettes?
    I am started to think that my skin isn't too keen on the silicones as have had this before with silicone heavy foundations, mind you nearly everything seems to contains silicones of some type these days.
    Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this today and can't wait to wear it soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has a lovely finish, will look forward to reading what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin