Sunday 16 December 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Fragrant Confections: Vespers

The launch of RBR's Fragrant Confections of Captured Memories features three scents; Lilt, Chatoyant and Vespers.
I had not smelt any of the scents nor read any reviews but such is my trust in the quality of RBR, I happily placed my order for Vespers (£81 for 50ml).

The fragrance comes beautifully packaged, even the box itself is gorgeous with its textured softy shimmered finish. The glass frosted bottle had etched flowers on the sides. Both the bottle and the lid are very heavy, it feels and looks extremely luxurious. Whoever designed this couldn't have got it more perfect.

These are the notes in Vespers:
TOP: Bergamot, Cinnamon Bark, Violet Leaves, Black Pepper
HEART: Green Apple, Muguet, Rose, Violet
BASE: Cedarwood, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Now when I read perfume reviews its all very detailed on how the notes interact and what other smells they evoke. I'm afraid I don't possess the skills to pick out all the intricacies of composition so you won't get any fancy descriptions here I afraid. To me this is a very feminine floral, it has a touch of sweetness but there is also a touch of mellow warmth.Its not heavy, nor green or musky. Its a truly beautiful scent, light, elegant and captivating.

I think with perfume reviews its helpful to know the scents the reviewer likes so you can see if you have similar tastes, so for reference my other favourite perfumes are: Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche, Jimmy Choo, Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y, and Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao.

Needless to say I will buy this again and am likely to try the other two scents in the range as well.

I bought this from zuneta.com

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know that RBR has perfume! I think this might suits my liking as it sounds very refreshing. My current fave scent is Chloe EDP. It's a rosy smell perfume :)

    xx Meryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meryl,
    Its a scent I would feel safe buying for someone as a gift. I sure Zuneta or the RBR site will have samples of the fragrances at some point so would be worth checking out.
    I don't think I have smelt Chloe so will look into that :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bottle is very pretty. I love violet notes in perfumes, and muguet & rose as well. This sounds like it would smell great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello makeup magpie,
      It is one of those scents that I just find myself sniffing at my wrists during the day, so lovely, I could do with it in a bigger bottle really :)

      Delete
  4. oooh amazing description, I want to try it=) I try Chatoyaut and I'm going crazy...wonderful perfume!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) I really want to get the other two scents at some point :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin