Wednesday 11 September 2013

Charlotte Tilbury: Cheek To Chic

There are 6 colour options in the Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic blush range. The most noticeable aspect is the smaller circle of colour contained within another circle, this is meant to allow for a swish and pop application, in that you swish the outer colour on the cheekbones and then apply just the centre shade to the apples of the cheek to give the pop of colour.

I bought the shade Love Glow (£30). I was expecting the inner shade to be the most pigmented but instead its the other way around, indeed I find the outer shade extremely pigmented so I only need just the barest touch.

I had thought this would be a peachy pink but on me its most definitely pink. The outer pink is slightly warm and the inner is neutral leaning cool.The finish is a flattering natural shimmered/glow.
Swatched below L-R: outer circle, inner circle then both combined.

The powder feels very smooth and creamy and applies evenly without looking powdery. Wear time is very good, I get a good 7 hours before I notice any fading. The mirrored compact gives a generous amount of product and I love that there is no useless, space wasting applicator.
I think this is a lovely blush, the feel, performance and finish are really top notch. Though this particular shade isn't the best for me (as pink blushers don't mix well with my ruddy complexion) I will certainly pick up some more of these.


Ingredients:


I bought this from charlottetilbury.com

11 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I also bought Love Glow as my first choice- mine is on the way- so at least I can drool over your swatches while I wait. Funny how the inner shade is lighter? I love that it is more pink- I was, at best guessing as to what it would look like- Love is the drug would be my next choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what good taste we share ;)
      I am thinking I'll go for first love and Ecstasy for my new blush buys :)

      Delete
    2. Can't wait for your reviews- It is like I do not want to leave anything behind!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a pretty pink blush. I would have preferred something peachier too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking that Ecstasy is the more peachy option, so I'll get that next time I place an order, I seem to be added more to my CT wishlist as the days go past :)

      Delete
  3. A very pretty colour, and I like the little details engraved on the inner rim of the compact which is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meeta,
      I do really like the attention to detail as well, do you think you'll pick up anything from the range?

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the excellent review! So odd/interesting that the pop centre is sheerer -- I must see if this holds true across all the shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you :)I would be very interested to know if its the case for the other shades, just seems odd that the pop would be the quieter shade :)

      Delete
  5. thank you for the review
    is it me or the price point a lil ambitious lol
    Like she is charging the same amount as suqqu *0ouch* and the price of the magic cream is ridiculous

    I will have to play with this in store to get past my apprehensions i guess
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking she would come out with Tom Ford prices since she seems to use his line a lot so I was quite pleased with the price point of the makeup, but that might just be me ;) I do think the skincare seems overpriced though, like you say the magic cream is just a bit silly really, at least put it in a pump dispenser for that price.

      I am really liking the range so do think you should have a play with it if you can x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin