Sunday 15 June 2014

Surratt Artistique Eyeshadow: Ingénue, Idéaliste & Ombre

The former assistant of Kevyn Aucoin, a celebrity makeup artist and a Japanese inspired range, my expectations were extremely high for the Troy Surratt makeup range. Extremely exclusive (I believe only sold at Barneys New York and Liberty), product reviews are not aplenty so I just hoped for the best when making my choices online.
The line looks sleek and modern with a very streamlined packaging. I'll start today with some of the eyeshadows.

They come with a plastic cover that you slide off. The line offers customisable palettes that you can fill with shadows and blushers. Shown below is the large compact case (£18.50).

I'd recommend getting a compact, as its more robust, as I could see the single packaging being a bit flimsy for travelling or if you are the clumsy sort like myself.
The pans come with a double-sided sticker to adhere them in the compact.This is the only aspect of Surratt I am not keen on as I feel a magnetized system is more user friendly.
I bought the below shades (£16 each):
Ombre (clay/taupe matte though this shows up warmer on my skintone)

Idealist (softly shimmered golden beige )

Ingenue (softly shimmered/sparkly pink)

The Japanese influence is clear with the soft, velvety, non powdery texture and lightweight feel. All these shades have soft pigmentation and blend well. I think they are best used with a primer due to their lightness so they have something to adhere to.

I've bought some other items from the brand which I'll review soon, but I can say now that I'm really impressed with the line.

I bought these from http://www.liberty.co.uk

6 comments:

  1. Hey welcome back! xx

    I love these colors, great bases. I'm not sure if I've heard of this brand before, can't wait to see the other items you got and your impressions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Glad to be back ;) xx

      They do work really well for an easy everyday wash of colour, I think the range only launched in America late last year and has only just come out here, there's always something exciting when a new brand comes out :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Claire,
    I bought some sight unseen and never wear them. I like my lipstick but my eyeshadows haven't been a thrill. Either they are too dull or they are too sparkly. I haven't reviewed them because I just wasn't excited enough about them. Maybe I need to give them another chance and review to get them out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia,
      Oh no what a shame, Ingenue has a bit of sparkle about it but I find it very refined. I'd be very interested to see what shades you brought and read your review.
      I am very tempted to try the lipsticks next, so that's good that you like them :)

      Delete
  3. What divine colours, the colours you have chosen are so beautiful. I must not look! Else I'll be tempted to get my own palette. :) I think I'm in love with Idealist, it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very tempting line, I've starting writing my next list ;) I want to try some of their more deep shadows next time and they have some nice looking lip products.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin