Sunday 29 June 2014

YSL Couture Palette: Saharienne #4

The YSL shadow formula has always been the brands weak point in my opinion and I didn't have high hopes for the new reformulation, however the difference is phenomenal. Everything in terms of formula/quality is an improvement.

The five shadow palettes contains a variety of finishes with a good balance of light to deep shades. Though I don't think the colourways are necessarily unique, the choices are such that I am sure you'd find at least one that you need to take home with you.
I bought the cooler toned most natural looking palette, Saharienne (£39.50).

It contains a shimmery, almost iridescent pale peach, a shimmery yellow tinged cream, a satin/pearl grey with a hint of mauve, a satin medium, gold brown and in the centre square a satin, deep cool brown. In the pan all the colours have a very faint multicoloured sparkle, though once applied its only noticeable in the cream shade.

All the shades have very good colour payoff , apart from the larger pan (the peachy base shade) which is more sheer. The texture of all shades is soft and smooth, and though a primer is required to stop colour fade, they hold up very well with no creasing nor fallout.
They blend effortlessly and the finish of all the shades is very flattering, never venturing into the too shimmery territory.


I'd certainly recommend checking these out, especially if you have been disappointed with the old YSL powder formula, as these are a welcome improvement.

I bought this from boots.

12 comments:

  1. This is such a sophisticated brown/taupe palette. I was eyeing on one of these as well as their pur chromatics since there is a 20% off sale going on the site. Would you say the couture palette has better color payoffs compared to the pur chromatics? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh 20% off you should go for it :) As the Pur chromatics are best used damp to get the most out of them, they are more pigmented, using the Couture damp still doesn't give the same intensity ( my swatches/photo are of them used dry). That said I think the couture are easier to work with.

      Delete
  2. I've been reading up on this and you put me over the edge. Just ordered! Of course I didn't know there was a sale but that's life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to push you over ;) I really hope you like it. I always miss out on sales as well.

      Delete
  3. I ordered tuxedo during their friends and family sale! It should be here tomorrow or the day after and I'm so excited to play with these shadows!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy, I liked the look of tuxedo as well, would be a great palette for a smoky eye :)

      Delete
  4. I have been wanting to pick up the new YSL palettes but there a lot of other palettes that a re competing for my attention. For example the new Chanel palettes too. Did you see the YSL palettes exclusive to Selfridges, I like the look of the Dubai palette. I think Saharienne is just beautiful on your lids Clare. I guess I can take my time to pick out one to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really like the look of the Selfridge exclusive ones as well, its just the extra price on them that puts me off. I think its worth you picking up a YSL one and I am sure you will like the Chanel ones as well, I'm looking forward to the new Dior formula quints coming out later this year as well x

      Delete
    2. I picked up the Chanel palette in Vendome just yesterday. I love how soft and silky the swatches are. :)

      Delete
    3. Now you will of course want more, I've got my eye on at least two others :)

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful neutral palette I especially love the middle color, I have yet to see these in person. I think it'll be fun to have a swatch fest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A swatch fest sound like a great idea, I need to have a better look at the other options as well :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin