Sunday 24 August 2014

Chanel Fall 2014 Collection États Poétiques: Poésie, Confident & Innocence


Initially a US release, I was very pleased to see Les 4 Ombres #234 Poésie (£40) included in the Fall États Poétiques collection. I'm a big fan of the new formula of the palettes, Poésie has the same soft, buttery texture, good colour pay off and ease of blending.


With mostly shimmery finishes, It contains a coppery brown, cream, medium/deep brown with a slight hint of burgundy and pale silvery pink with a mauve tone.

Its a great palette to give a soft, shimmery everyday look.


I am loving the Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in shade #94 Confident (£25).


Its a medium rose (slight brown tone) with a shine finish that you can just about throw on with any other makeup. The formula is lightweight, comfortable and hydrating.


By contrast I am disappointed with the Joues Contraste Powder Blush shade #160 Innocence (£31).


Though smooth in feel it has a dry texture and is a bit powdery. It has a semi matte finish (though there are a few sparkles) and the colour is a medium warm rose, which unfortunately applies very ruddy on my pale skin (though pigment and wear time is really good).

My main disappointment with this product is due to its application, as I find this extremely difficult to blend resulting in a very patchy effect.

I fully recommend the palette and lipstick but not the blush, I've had many Joues Contraste's in the past and though I've never found application flawless (perhaps due to my dry skin) I've not had one apply as troublesome as Innocence.

I bought these from Boots

16 comments:

  1. Hey Clare, I'm so sorry to hear you're not a fan of Innocence! I've never had blending/patchy problems with this one, but you're not the first reviewer who feels that way! Maybe there are better/worse batches? Poesie looks great on you though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yes the reviews for Innocence are very mixed not just in texture/application but some reviews seem to have a much cooler toned shade than I have, at any rate I'll need to be a bit more careful with my Joues Contraste picks in the future.

      Delete
  2. Hi Clare. I was tempted by Innocence but felt it was a little powdery as well. It's a shame as the colour is pretty. Your picks are lovely, I really like Confident and think I will go back for it. I went for Aura in the Rouge Coco Shines and the Orage & Secret polishes. Overall I really like this collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Confident is permanent as can see myself going through it quickly. Your choices sound really good, there was a lot more I wanted from the collection, apart from the single shades which I didn't like the feel/texture of, mind you I should save as am really liking the look of their Holiday collection ;)

      Delete
  3. It's like this collection was made for a no-makeup makeup look for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have some lovely natural shades (if we ignore the yellow eyeshadow single) :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Clare! Poésie looks gorgeous on you, and Confident is lovely! It's too bad that this is a patchy applying JC!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lola :) I do wish I had left the JC well alone, keep thinking what else I could have spent the money on, oh the joy of makeup regret ;)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Oh noes, and I so wanted to read nothing but raves about the blush :-( Guess I'll stick to the lipstick then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, feelings on the blush have been rather mixed, makes me wonder if there are differences in certain batches.

      Delete
  6. Yes, Confident is very "you" (or so I assume, after reading your blog for years). I love it too. But I'm not sorry to hear you didn't like Innocence--well, I'm sorry for your pocketbook, but not for mine, as I've been on the fence about buying it for months now. Since I typically agree with your color (and texture) assessments of products, I can back away from purchasing this one now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help :) I was a bit on the fence about it as well and do wish I hadn't bought it, I've tried so many different brushes with it but still its not applying how I'd like. I'm making quite a few bad purchases lately, must be going through a phase!

      Delete
  7. Hey Clare, aw... too bad about the blush, what a bummer. I only picked up Poesie bec I could not resist it. It is such a wearable palette and I have to agree with you, I am loving the new Chanel palettes. Their formula is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poesie is just a no brainer isn't it, I'll be getting some more of the eye palettes for sure, I was wondering what the formula would be like in the holiday palette as from the pictures it looks the same format as last years offering so might not be as good as the new improved formula.

      Delete
  8. Ooh, that lipstick is lovely! I think that would make an ideal 'gift-to-myself-for-starting-new-job' :D. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Jane and congratulations on the new job, any details as I am nosy? ;)
      I can very much see you in the lipstick, am sure it deserves a place in your handbag xx

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin