Sunday 28 September 2014

Chanel Joues Contraste #80 Jersey

With the release of the new Chanel Vitalumière Loose Powder Foundation came two new limited edition shades of Joues Contraste, #80 Jersey and #170 Rose Glacier.
Though I was tempted to pick up Rose Glacier (pink with golden shimmer), I settled on Jersey (£31) as I was interested in trying the pressed powder version (usually released in the US) instead of the European baked formula (interestingly both versions are made in France).


Actually I was surprised to see the pressed US formula out here, makes you wonder if  the brand is planning to have just one formula, like they have done with the eyeshadow palettes recently.

Compared to the baked, the pressed has a smoother, less dry/powdery texture (though still not creamy) and pigment is quicker to build. One thing I don't like is the very strong scent.

Ingredients below:

Onto the shade and Jersey is a warm, rusty rosey brown with subtle gold shimmer. I find it quite pigmented and if I over apply, it can take on a bit of a orange tone, though I suspect this will likely only happen with those who have very pale skin like me.

It applies quite smoothly and lasts about 6 hours before I notice fading. I've read a few posts on forums that wondered if the shade was similar to the Tom Ford Stroked Contouring Cheek Colour Duo. Whilst there in a similar colour family, from the swatches below (Tom Ford on the right) you can see that the Tom Ford is deeper and warmer.

I'm pleased with this blush, its a nice warming shade that seems to work with a variety of looks. I do prefer the texture and application of the pressed versus the baked, so if you are use to the baked formula this might be an interesting one to try out.

I bought this from Boots

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful everyday go to blush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it would be a great everyday shade for those a bit darker for me, especially as its one of those colours that doesn't compete with the rest of your makeup.

      Delete
  2. Hi dear Clare, what a delicate shade, for me it would be great for contouring and sculpting a little my face,
    have a nice evening,
    kisses,
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marghe,
      I didn't think about it for contouring/sculpting but that would be a good idea :)
      x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think this shade would work really well on you :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin