Sunday 1 March 2015

Suqqu Spring 2015: Blend Colour Eye Shadow #19 Awafujisukashi

The Suqqu Spring 2015 collection is inspired by the delicate texture and translucent colour of chiffon. I bought the eye quad that was used in the beautiful promotional image for the collection, #19 Awafujisukashi (£45). The quad contains a white with pink opalescence, lavender/periwinkle with satin finish, copper with a shimmer finish and neutral to cool toned satin brown.

 
 
These are not pigment heavy shadows but I don't find them lacking in showing up true to pan once applied. With a lightweight, silky feel, I find the application and performance the normal high quality from Suqqu.
 
Swatched below, try as I might I couldn't capture the pink opalescence of the white so you will just have to trust me that its a beautiful shade.
 
Its an interesting mix of shades, it works as the lavender/periwinkle does not scream pastel due to its more hazy tone and the inclusion of the copper gives balance to the cooler tones.The overall look is soft, with the copper and lavender adding an interest to the look and the pink opalescence of the white shade imparting a beautiful sheen.
 
I'm really enjoying this so I'm glad its not limited edition as I can see myself hitting pan on this.

Ingredients:


I bought this from http://www.selfridges.com

18 comments:

  1. The composition of this quad is quite special. You've created a very soft yet attractive look with this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Its a really nice combination of shades.

      Delete
  2. Hi dear Clare! What a pretty eyeshadow palette this one, I like how all the shades are well balanced. I've never tried this brand so thanks for share your new purchase, maybe I'll try something soon if I've the occasion!
    Have a serene week,
    Kisses,
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marghe, Its a brand worth trying, though be careful as you will want more and more of it ;)

      Delete
  3. the combination of the warmer shades and purple is really pretty! Suqqu eyeshadows are so lovely...I need to find a store that sells the brand in the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They work so well together, I can never figure out why the brand is not in the US as am sure it would be really popular.

      Delete
  4. This looks so gorgeous on you. I am loving the lavender on the inner corner as a pop of color too once applied over a white base. Suqqu formula is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara :) It is such a lovely formula, I loved the look you created with this as well.

      Delete
  5. Gasp! Those colors are absolutely lovely. Suqqu isn't easy to get hold of here in the States, but you're making me think it's worth the effort. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beauty, think we all need a bit of suqqu in our lives. Its a shame the brand is not easy to get hold of for you, I know Fenwicks and Harrods carry Suqqu now so whether they have cheaper international postage costs than the other options.

      Delete
  6. Hi, would you be able to post a photo of the ingredients, please? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, I've added in the ingredients for you :)

      Delete
  7. Very subtle shades Clare, perfect for spring and for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it makes a nice change from my normal taupes ;)

      Delete
  8. So soft and pretty. I think Suqqu would be a big hit in the US since there are many of us who have been coveting it for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope the brand makes it to the US at some point, like you say it would do really well I'm sure.

      Delete
  9. Love how u used the purple!! Great look <3 Thanks!

    Newest follower via GFC!! woot woot. Please do check out my blog:
    BCfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the colours work so well together, will check your blog out :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin