Sunday 12 April 2015

Burberry Kisses Nude Pink, Wet & Dry Glow Shadow in Shell

Reformulations are taking place at Burberry, all their single sheer eye shadows have been replaced by two new formulas (Wet & Dry Silk and Wet & Dry Glow), the Lipcover lipsticks have been replaced by the Kisses formula and apparently more products are being updated (with the exclusion of fragrance which will be a welcomed attribute to many). With the upcoming new cream blushers and cream eyeshadows from the brand its looking like a very exciting year for Burberry makeup fans.

I bought the shadow in Shell #003 Wet & Dry Glow (£23). Its a shimmery/metallic golden peach. The warmth of this looks at odds on my complexion so I tend to use this as a topper shade.


The finish is along the lines of NARS’ Dual Intensity eyeshadows, however I find the Burberry version is smoother and more creamy. Though the product is quite dense it doesn't feel heavy. It adheres really well and is easy to blend with no fallout. The shadow layers really well and as you can use it wet to intensify the colour it makes it quite versatile, lasting power is also extremely good.
Swatched dry then damp,

Overall the formula is lovely to use but I can't help feeling like this high sheen/metallic finish seems out of place with the more sedate offerings we normally receive from Burberry.

Ingredients:

From the new Burberry Kisses lipstick formula I opted for Nude Pink #05 (£25). True to its name it really is the perfect neutral toned satin finish nude pink which is easily built up.


I was really expecting to love this new formula and there are certainly many positives. It feels comfortable and hydrating, it does cling to the lips somewhat but as it does not have too much slip it has a good wear time (about 4 hours). It's nearly ticking all the boxes but there is one flaw in that it accentuates lip lines. To be fair its not terrible and its lessened the more you layer, but lipsticks that sink into lines is a bugbear of mine and as there are so many good lipsticks on the market these days I have high expectations when I try a new formula. I was hoping it was just this shade but I have since read reviews for other shades with the same performance.
Swatched below once then four times,

Ingredients (I detect no fragrance):


Though there is a lot to like, I'm not completely smitten with these, the finish of the shadow is slightly too intense for me and I prefer the finished look of the lip mists and lip glow balms compared to the kisses formula.

I bought these from http://uk.burberry.com/

18 comments:

  1. Hey Clare, I'm sorry to hear these leave you unimpressed! I have Nude and I REALLY love it, but I can see that everyone has a different comfort level when it comes to shimmer. I haven't tried the Kisses, but you're not the first person to say it's not the best Burberry lipstick. I might sit on it in that case :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I m still tempted to get Nude as figure I can just use it lightly to reduce the finish, it is a lovely formula, I just find that as I get older those types of finishes don't always look the best on me :)

      Delete
  2. I really love the Burberry line. I haven't gotten to try the reformulated shadows yet, but I did pick the Kisses Lipstick in 33 Rose Pink. I've only worn it one day, but I didn't have too many issues with it.
    thebeautybloss.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats good to hear, I wonder if some shades perform better than others, I am being fussy I guess but was expecting it to excede the other Burberry formulas.

      Delete
  3. Aww I dont know why Burberry felt they had to reformulate.. the original one was already good! Why fix something that's not broken?! :( I'm sad you're unimpressed with these, Clare. But I would be too if I previously loved a formula and then they reformulate and end up being worse off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised by the reformulations as their originals seemed very popular, still I will be interested to try the new silk eyeshadows as have been hearing good things about those :)

      Delete
  4. Hi dear Clare! These products are very interesting,
    the eyeshadows seems very buttery and the lipstick matte but not drying. The colours are very nice, but I think that these kind of colours are not ok on me since I have a olive skin undertone. Thanks for sharing your experience,
    kisses,
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are lots of other colours on offer that you would feel are more suited to you, I tend to go for more safe nudey colours :)

      Delete
  5. Clare, Shell looks gorgeous on your lids! I definitely need to check these out, I am eyeing Nude and Shell looks like my cup of tea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do prefer it more used on top of other shadows. I bet you would like the formula, I'm tempted to buy Nude as well.

      Delete
    2. Guess what I did go down to the counter, I wanted Nude but it was OOS so I brought back Shell. Love it as a all over lid colour.

      Delete
    3. Glad to hear its a success :) Nude seems so popular, I might get it when I buy one of their new lip/cheek cream things.

      Delete
  6. Shell is the shade I've been debating plus I was happy to hear that the new lipsticks aren't fragranced. But now I'm not so sure about either of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like the colour but not sure if the finish might be too much, I don't wear it on its own but do like it used placed in the centre of the lid on top of other shadows and think that would work for you as well.
      With the lipsticks, I am very fussy but the lip line thing is an issue for me, though that said if I saw a shade I really loved I think I would still pick it up.

      Delete
  7. I love the look of Shell - I just finally purchased the NARS Dual-Intensity eye palette but haven't had a chance to try it yet. The new Burberry shadows definitely look like the same or a similar formula. The lipstick is a lovely shade -- it is too bad it accentuates lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shell would look lovely on you!
      I'll be interested to see how you find the Nars palette, I like it but don't love it.

      Delete
  8. Very interesting to read about Burberry Kisses sitting on the lip lines. I have three of these to test but I didn't have time. I guess I will see soon myself. About Shell, I have Gold one, which is too shimmery but Nude is not all that much shimmer in a way. So these Glow eye shadows are also different from one another. I would suggest you check out nude too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara, it does sound like I might prefer nude.
      The new lipsticks are getting quite mixed reviews from what I've seen now, I'm either reading reviews like mine or ones that say they are perfect, it will be interesting to see how you find the ones you have as I wonder whether it differs from shade to shade.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin