Sunday 26 July 2015

Chantecaille Summer 2015: Moroccan Rose and Mandarin Lip Chic

In addition to the rather lovely eyeshadow duo (reviewed here) Chantecaille released two new Lip Chics for their Summer collection.



Moroccan Rose is a pink and Mandarin is an orange (£30 each). Both shades have a brightness about them and a gloss/shine finish. Pigment is good, though I tend to wear these sheered out. Mandarin is the type of colour I normally avoid, however used lightly its surprisingly wearable, if your normally scared of orange this is a good one to try.
Swatched below (one swipe)

Swatched below (two swipes) I've swatched this the other way round to the photo above, don't ask me why....

I initially thought Moroccan Rose might be similar to Bourbon Rose however Bourbon Rose is more of a rosy pink.
Shown below Moroccan Rose on the left, Bourbon Rose on the right.

Though I tend towards more lightweight lipsticks I do really like the more balm like Lip Chic formula. It glides on, applying colour evenly without sinking into lip lines. The balm like qualities make these great for dryness and they feel super moisturising. The only aspects that I am not overly infused about is the short wear time and very slight sticky texture, thinking about it they are similar to the MAC huggables formula, though the Chantecaille definitely make my lips feel more moisturised during and after wear.

I really like both colours, they are perfect for that pop of juicy colour that enlivens your complexion, great for days you feel a bit drab.


Ingredients:


I bought these from Space.NK

14 comments:

  1. Hey Clare, I'm glad to hear you like them! Mandarin looks like the type of shades I've been obsessed with this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can really see you wearing Mandarin, as you suit those types of shades so well :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Both of these look beautiful! I've only bought one Lip Chic so far, but I've been wanting more ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing isn't it, you buy one but its not enough :) I've got a list of about 3/4 others I want, shame they aren't a bit cheaper.

      Delete
  3. I have a bunch of Lip Chics,including Morrocan Rose and Tea Rose ones. I agree these are great lipsticks - sheer, but can be built up and are very pleasant to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea Rose is one I want to get at some point. They are lovely aren't they, nice to weer in the winter months as well when lips are dryer.

      Delete
  4. I have one lipstick from Chantecaille in the shade Fairy Moss from last year's fall collection and I absolutely adore it. I definitely still plan on picking up the duo as well as Moroccan Rose ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Fairy Moss as well, the colour was a bit too beige on me though. I think you will love the duo and lip chic.The Fall collection will be out soon, so far I think I want everything from it, going to be spendy ;)

      Delete
  5. These are the kind of colours I would pick for myself, so summery. Although I prefer opaque ones. I bet they look awesome on you Clare, great picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) These shades would suit you for sure. I'm really getting back into Chantecaille lately. I've got a counter near me now so am able to swatch things,dangerous times ;)

      Delete
  6. I still remember how beautiful and unique those eyeshadow duo was!
    Mandarin looks really pretty. Like you, I usually shy away from warm orange-y lip colors but I'm slowly adding some to my collection. Glossy is the key word for me to pull of warmer colors, and the formula sounds great as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope they bring out more shades in the duo formula.
      I think Mandarin is my only true orange lipstick, like you say the glossiness is probably what makes it work :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Clare, I recently purchased Mango Tango and I actually really like it-it's so hydrating and the wear time isn't too bad. Perfect for summer!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear, these types of shades are lovely for the summer, not that we are getting too much summer here at the moment though :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin