Sunday 2 August 2015

Guerlain Bloom of Rose Fall 2015 Collection: Rose aux Joues & KissKiss Roselip

Inspired by the natural beauty of the rose, the Guerlain Bloom of Rose Fall collection seems more Spring like in its focus of soft, feminine hues.

The blushers, Rose aux Joues, have had a makeover, new black packaging and a new formula. Its meant to give you "rosy cheeks with a delicate glow. Its Pink Booster pigments capture natural light and enhance your complexion's natural pink hue in perfect affinity with the skin." I'm not quite sure how to read this as it makes me think that all the shades give a varying amount of pink flush to the cheek, even the peach and plum shades?


I bought shade Pink Me Up #06 (£33.50) . Its a bright cool toned pink, it has a really flattering glow finish (there is a tiny bit of sparkle).

Its not pigment heavy but builds up well. I didn't feel enthralled when I felt the texture, its density packed and feels rather stiff and dry, however it applies extremely well (not patchy or with noticeable edges). The downside is the wear time, I get noticeable fading after 4/5 hours so as much as I love the finish I'm in two minds as to whether to pick up another shade.
Swatched twice then blended,

Ingredients (this is scented)


The collection also sees the introduction of a tinted lip balm, KissKiss Roselip. I bought Chic Pink #372 (£26.50). Pigment is sheer (all the shades are meant to be subtle tints) but its a really pretty rosy beige nude with a glossy finish.

It glides on and feels hydrating, probably due to the oils it contains such as Jojoba and rose petal. It also contains Hyaluronic acid which is meant to plump the lips but I can't see any difference.Wear time is about 3/4 hours even with eating/drinking.
Swatched once then four times,

Ingredients (this is scented)


I'm always somewhat trepidatious with Gurlain collections so I was pleased with how these performed. My favourite is the blush, not for the colour (which I don't find unique) but for the pretty glowy flush it provides.

I bought these from http://www.escentual.com. There is currently a 20% off RRP on everything until 18th August 2015 (with code: ESCENTUAL20) I think they deliver worldwide.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Clare, thank you for the review! I have one of the Roselips, but haven't seen the blushes at all. I actually really like the Guerlain blush I own (Peach Boy) and I use it very often, but I can see why it's not a successful product (it doesn't swatch well because it's too densely-packed). We're only getting three of the 6 blushes here from what I can see, but I'll look into them. Not sure I'm happy about the 4-5 hour wear time tho. The old formula lasts much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only had 3 blushers on the displays in store but yet online you can get all 6, seems odd. If it wasn't for the wear time I would be getting at least two more shades, if you do get one I'll be very interested to see how they last on you, I was surprised how quickly this faded.

      Delete
    2. Sunny- I had the same thoughts about the existing blush duos. They swatch so poorly, but they're a much nicer product than the swatches would lead you to believe.
      Clare- Thanks for the reviews. I'm more tempted by the blushes, as sheer lip colours tend to look like almost nothing on me unless they're VERY deep or bright.

      Delete
    3. I think Crazy Bouquet and Peach Party were more pigmented lips but they might still be too sheer for you. If you get the chance might be worth swatching them instore.

      Delete
  2. I've been dabbling into non CF brands again. I know, I've been good for so long but at the same time 'eh'
    I was eyeing this collection and what really stood out to me was the blushers and the 6 colour eyeshadow palette...both I intend on giving a try in the next week or so ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so hard to be CF I think, we have the ban here now so nothing is tested for this market, yet some of the same brands still test for China, I think as soon as China change their ways the rest of the world will follow.
      The 6 pan palette looks lovely but I know those colours won't work for me, I'll look forward to seeing if you pick anything up :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin