Sunday 23 August 2015

Dior Fall 2015 Cosmopolite Collection: Continental Rouge Dior

I picked up just one lonely item from the Fall Cosmopolite Collection, like most I tend to head towards more berry toned lipsticks come Autumn so couldn't resist the Rouge Dior in shade Continental (£26.50).

Continental is a pigmented berry red with a sheen finish. In my experience deeper Rouge Dior shades like this perform better than the lighter ones (which can often highlight dryness and sink into lip lines). Continental applies impeccably, its creamy but not overly heavy, and though I find it feels a bit clingy during wear, the finish looks smooth and not drying.

 

The shade has very good coverage and as it leaves a stain I get a good 6 hours wear time.
Shown below swatched once then three times

Now this isn't quite the perfect berry I was hoping for, its one of those many times that I've seen a shade looking beautiful on every other blogger but on me it doesn't quite hit the mark, its just a little too bright, lacking that bit of depth/richness, I don't have pigmented lips so whether that's the reason for the brightness, nevertheless this shade is beautiful in the bullet and though it doesn't quite correspond on me, I think I am in the minority so I'd still advise checking this out.
Shown below with one light application

Ingredients:


I bought this from Boots

8 comments:

  1. Hi Clare! I actually really like this on you! I love the Rouge Diors-one of my fave formulas

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It does go on really nice, think I just need to mix it with somethig to tone it down a bit.

      Delete
  2. Ahh so sorry to hear you are not in love! I am trying to finally get my review up on the blog tomorrow. I really love it and have been reaching for it a lot (along with the blush stick, which is another love)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Continental looked lovely on you, it must just be me its not quite right on ;) I was very tempted by the blush sticks, I liked the look of the cool toned pink one the most.

      Delete
  3. Oh I love this one so much, too bad it was not love for you. If I were to pick up one lipstick this season, this would be it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked great on you, I did have high hopes for this one, I do like it though, hoping there might be a berry tone that suits me better in the new Addict formula.

      Delete
  4. I understand...when a colour is perfect in the shop and then at home... By the way the quality of the product is very high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I tend to get that a lot :) I think I just need to take the brightness down a tad, I'll probably use a gloss with it I think.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin