Sunday 30 August 2015

Burberry Cream Shadow Dusky Mauve

Burberry releases always seem to sneak out rather than arrive with a bang, as with the case of the 8 cream eye shadows they brought out this year.


They come in a glass jar with a plastic screw lid, its a very chic design but due to the weight maybe not the best for travel.

I decided on Dusky Mauve (£25) which is a shimmery cool-toned mauve taupe. Its a lot more pigmented than I was expecting, and as I'm cool toned the mauve tones are more pronounced on me.
Shown below is just one application (this is with no primer after 5 hours wear).

Swatched below once then three times,

The formula is interesting, it does not have that really cushiony, spongy feel nor a creamy, mousse texture instead its more firm with not as much slip, however it does go on smoothly and blends nicely, its just not as spreadable as some cream shadows.

Its very lightweight and not at all clingy or drying, the wear is quite good, though best to use a primer if you want it to last the day.


Overall I like the comfortable texture and think the shimmer/sheen finish is really pretty, its certainly made me want to order some more shades.

Ingredients:

Some really helpful reviews for the cream shadows can be found via Mostly Sunny and Indigo Kir Royale.

I bought this from https://uk.burberry.com whom I believe have the fastest shipping known to man.








12 comments:

  1. Hey Clare, thanks for the link love! It's really interesting because my pot of Dusky Mauve is real spongy, but not the other shades I have. Maybe I got a mutant ;) Glad to hear it works well on you! With a primer it does last all day on me, and I ALWAYS wear a primer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe its mine that is the mutant one ;) I tend to wear a primer everyday as well just for that extra assurance, like to test products with no primer though just to see.

      Delete
  2. Hi dear Clare, what a pretty colour here! It's just perfect on your skin tone and eyes! =)
    I've never tried this brand so thanks for your description!
    kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really like the Burberry cosmetic products, its one of my top brands.

      Delete
  3. Oh now this review makes me click some "order" buttons. This is a gorgeous shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, well you are always making me click the order buttons ;) I think there would be quite a few of the shades that would catch your eye.

      Delete
  4. Every review of this I've seen is of this color so this one must be flying off the shelves. I've only read one bad experience with it. I wish I could see these in person to know the colors better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This does seem to be the most popular, there aren't too many reviews are there for these, though I tend to be lucky with Burberry as always have to order it without seeing in person.

      Delete
  5. This shade looks lovely! It's going on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see you in this, worthy of a place on your wishlist :)

      Delete
  6. Hey Clare, thank you for the review. I have been meaning to pick on of these up but I wasn't sure whether it would be worth having. I want Dusty Mauve and Damson. :) Dusty Mauve looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think you would like this, I was worried it would be too drying and not blend as it doesn't feel like a lot of other cream shadows I've tried so I was really plesed it performed well, I think I am going to pick up some of the lighter shades next.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin