Sunday 16 May 2010

MAC: To the Beach Collection

When you see I have made a MAC purchase, you can basically read that as “I had a bad day at work so stomped off to MAC in my lunch break”
I bought my stuff last Thursday and the highlighter was sold out already, so if you’re interested in that I’d get it as soon as possible.
I was looking at Fun Bathing lipstick but got talked into Lazy Days instead by the SA. It’s a very sheer cool toned slightly milky pink .Its a bit too pale for me and washes me out slightly so I combine it with a gloss to make it more wearable.
I got blush in Hipness, which is a really pretty vibrant coral pink. Whilst I really like the shade I find the lasting power is not that good.
Lastly I got eyeliner in Rosemary & Thyme; it’s a medium olive green with slight gold shimmer.
Its nicely pigmented and lasts really well when used on the top lid to line, however when used on the waterline the colour didn’t seem to adhere well.
Overall I’m quite pleased with my buys, I just have to work with them a bit. I do like that the collection has shades for those either warm or cool toned as summer collections are usually a bit of a no go for me.

4 comments:

  1. Great purchases! I am so looking forward to going to the MAC counter tomorrow!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catanya,

    I'll look forward to seeing what you get :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is coming out in Toronto next week...we will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey,

    I wonder if the highlighter willl sell out as quickly over your way ? I'm surprised the UK got the collection before a lot of other countries tbh

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin