Sunday 9 May 2010

TOPSHOP Makeup

It started out innocently enough, I was popping into Topshop to get a pair of trousers for work ( always seems wrong to have to spend money on clothes you don’t really want to be wearing). Needless to say I didn’t get any trouser but did come out with some of the new makeup range.
Typically my makeup is mid to high end, its not like I refuse to buy cheaper brands its just everytime I do they never seem to perform well and end up in the bin. The topshop range, although heavily glitter focused does offer a selection of products that can cater for those wanting a more natural look and those who like their brights.
Here's what I bought and my thoughts:
Lipstick in Mink (£8) this is your typically pinky/brown, a lot more heavy on the brown and with a bit of warmth, this is a nice shade, has good pigmentation and lasts really well.The finish is semi matte. My problem is that its drying and seems to get worse the longer its on, its resolved by wearing a balm underneath it but I’d rather not have to use another product to get another one to perform.

Eyeshadow duo in Rocky Road (£6) this contain a slightly shimmered mink champagne and almost matte mocha.The texture is quite smooth, with medium pigmentation. It blends ok and last well, although not comparable to my high end brands the quality is along the lines of my mid end brands (MAC,Bobbi Brown).
Swatches L-R: Mink,Rocky Road
Nail Polish in Big Smoke (£5) there are a lot of these stone/taupe colours doing the rounds. Two coats gives the colour in the bottle and its wears quite well with minimal chipping.The formula is rather thick though so can go a bit gloopy. They have a really good selection of nail shades, lots of blues,greys and brights.
Mascara in Raven (£8)this gives me some length and thickness but does clump if I put on too many coasts and doesn't seem to curl. It doesn't flake or smudge though.
Wearing shadow duo and mascara below
Overall this is probably my most successful foray into a cheaper makeup range. I probably will pick up a few more things, the crayons looked nice even though they are packed full of glitter (felt really smooth and creamy). I think for the price its worth a look when you are next in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin