Friday 21 May 2010

UNE Natural Beauty

Bourjois have brought out a new brand called Une. Its marketed as a “natural” brand. The product formulas are 98%-100% from natural origin and a lot have ECOcert certification. No oils are derived from petrochemisty, and the products contain no parabans or silicone, synthetic dyes or fragrances.
The range seems to be about lightweight formulas/textures. More about enhancing the natural beauty with easy to wear neutral shades. At the moment it looks like it’s only in the UK and Europe.

When I went to see the display I was a bit overwhelmed by the differing brown shadows and natural lip shades. A lot of the colours looked very similar and if you were a neutral/natural makeup type person you would probably have a field day!

I bought the skin glow foundation (£11.99) in the lightest shade they had there, G02. The colour is too dark and its more yellow rather than pink toned. The fact that the colour doesn’t match isn’t a problem as it’s extremely sheer, even sheerer than my RBR tinted moisturiser. Unfortunately I’m not blessed with good skin so I’m giving this to my Mum, but texture wise I would say its easy to blend and provided just enough moisture for my dry skin without being greasy/oily, but I think if you have really dry skin this won’t be enough for you.

I also got one of the Sfumato Eyeshadow S13(£8.99), which is meant to give a “delicately smoky finish”. I’m not sure I would say this gives me a smoky look but it is a really nice brown/beige nude, but don’t go thinking you’ll get the colour as it appears in the pan as the pigmentation is very sheer. It applied quite smoothly and lasted really well.
I also got a Sheer Lips Balm S03(£7.99). It feels very balm like without feeling overly heavy. Its quite moisturising and the colour gives me a nice slightly pink/rose MLBB look with a slight sheen finish, its not long lasting though.
Swatches below, I've only done two swipes of the lip/eye product
Overall I think the range concept is really encouraging, having ECOcert certification can only be a good thing and its great to have a range that is silicone free.
Although the foundation wasn’t for me I have since been and bought some more of the range (its on 3 for 2 at Boots at the moment) as I do like the lip/eye product I bought and as you know I’m slowly accumulating an army of cosmetics all in neutral variants of the same shade...
I will say though that if you are buying the shadows in store, give them a swatch first as a lot of the ones I tried have been no way as intense as in the pan.

For ingredients please view their website and click on the products you are interested in (http://www.unebeauty.com/)

I bought my stuff from Boots but some Superdrug's have it as well.

2 comments:

  1. hmm sounds interesting! But I would rather give it a pass hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Get Gawjus,

    Yes, I don't think the display is going to grab that many peoples attention, I do like the lipsticks though.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin