Saturday 8 January 2011

Guerlain Holiday: Rouge G Le Brillant Lipstick in Bee

When I initially saw the Holiday collection I considered the Rouge G Le Brillant Lipstick in shade Bee too bright. However it went on sale for half price so I thought I’d give it a try.
Its a vibrant shade of berry with a touch of fuchsia and golden shimmer. Whilst a pretty shade I should have known to trust my initial instinct, as this is too bright for me and I do have to blot it down to make it wearable.
I also find that as my skin is recovering from a bad break out, wearing anything that has a lot of colour emphasises my redness/spots.
I am however pleased that I bought this as I think its good to have a few lipsticks in your collection that are a bit out of your normal comfort zone.
I really like the Rouge G Brilliant formula; its smooth and quite moisturising with a lightweight and comfortable feel.

4 comments:

  1. I have not tried the Rouge Gs yet, but that colour does look rather pretty. I know what you mean about those sorts of colours emphasising redness/spots - ages ago I made the mistake of wearing a red tinted lipcolour without foundation and someone at work asked if I was ill! I have recently found a few brights shades that I am rather liking which are definitely out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what?? I wish guerlain went on sale here! I have had my eye on that but decided it was too similar (not really but I have alot of lippies) to what I already owned. If it was half price...o man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. High end makeup NEVER goes on sale in Australia boo hoo. I've wanted to try the Rouge Gs for awhile, but being on the exy side I've tended to avoid them.

    Bee looks beautiful though, a great festive fall shade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meeta,
    I think it would suit you. I remeber I was waering a pink Illamasqua shadow at work and have two people say I looked very ill, I've not worn it since! :)

    Hi luv2smilexo,
    If it makes you feel any better its only a few of their limited of discontinued products that go on sale around Christmas, and they always get snapped up really quickly! I always usually miss out so made sure to be quick with this :)

    Hi Jen,
    It seems to be a few items from brands like Dior, YSL, Guerlain, but its not always the best items.
    Festive fall shade is a good description of it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin