Wednesday 26 June 2013

CHANEL Les 4 Ombres Séduction

Séduction (£38) forms part of the recent Jeux de Regards Collection. It contains a medium warm burgundy with satin finish, shimmered cool champagne, apricot with fine shimmer and a deep matte brown.


The colours work extremely well together and though it does contain two warm shades, I still find the overall look more neutral in tone. This is the round pan European baked format so the shades have a dryer texture and powdery feel. The colour pay off it quite good, though for more vibrancy its best to use them wet.
Swatched below dry and then with a dampened brush

 
The colours apply well and have an average wear, though I would recommend using an eye primer first. I have rather varied luck with Chanel quads, but this might well be my favourite thus far. Unlike quite a few predecessors, I do not find the colours go on muddy or too sheer.
Below I have used the shadows dry, using the foam applicators supplied (with all colours apart from the liner). They're usable but I still don't like them.

The colours coordinate really well to create a daytime hazy look but can also be built up with the two deeper shades to add a smokey hue.
Ingredients:


I bought this from Boots.

8 comments:

  1. Those are cute colors! Does using a damp brush help the makeup to stay on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AJ,
      I do think using them wet adds to the longevity :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colours Replica. It is very you. Have you checked out the fall collection yet? The cream blushes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jacqueline,
      We don't get the fall here until August, so I am building up a long want list from all the blog posts I am seeing about the collection :)

      Delete
    2. Here is my wish list. ;) Prevage, Revelation and Mystere. What about yours?

      Delete
    3. Good choices, I'm thinking Révélation, Mystère,Gri-Gri and both the RCS in the sheer formula :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Clare,
    The colors are so pretty :) Somehow it reminds me of raffinement from spring collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I see what you mean, funnily enough the SA was wearing both those quads together and it worked really well so I must try that at some point :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin