Sunday 18 January 2015

Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Nude Blush

Nude Blush Complete Eye Palette (£40) was originally released as part of the Fall 2014 collection and is now part of the regular line up. I was hesitant to get this initially as these sort of colours can often look a bit bruised/tired on cool toned pale skin like mine.

 
The palette contains 4 shades in medium to dark intensities with a good balance of finishes. You get a beige/sand satin, a shimmery warm copper pink (too much and this takes on a orange tone on me), a matte dusty mauve and a satin finish deep eggplant.

The texture is comparable to the buttery smooth, non powdery feel of the singles, apart from the deepest shade which is dryer and does not blend as well.
Initially I didn't like this, it was too warm and looked messy, and I could have done with a lighter toned shade to give some balance.

After playing around with it so more I've decided the key for me is not using too much of the copper pink and using the lightest shade more heavily (shame this one is in a smaller pan).

I think if you are usually iffy about these sort of shades on you skin then proceed with caution but otherwise the overall quality and performance is there and it does work to create a warm, earthy plum look.

I bought this from http://uk.burberry.com/beauty/

6 comments:

  1. Hi dear Clare! There's too much copper pink in this palette and not enough lighter... anyway the medium rose near the dark plum is very nice maybe it is possible to use is also as a blush!
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting idea to use as a blush. Yes, I could have done with the copper pink in the smaller pan size, mind you that shade seem to be the most popular with a lot of people so might just be me:)

      Delete
  2. Hey Clare, it's so interesting that you think this wouldn't work for you because you're cool-toned! I'm pretty warm-toned, but coppery pinky shades usually really scare me. Anyhow, I love the quad on you! You made such a nice hazy purple look with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, though I think this palette suited you better in the look you did :) I don't do well with copper pinks or those gold rose toned shades either, me skin has a way of making things have an orange cast and orange is not my friend ;)

      Delete
  3. I really love these shades on you and think they compliment your skin tone quite well! The Burberry eyeshadows are a dream to work with and I'm really drooling over some of the shades they just released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The Burberry formula is really nice, I got last year's Rose pink palette recently and really like that as well. The singles from this year's Spring collection look quite interesting as well, waiting to see more reviews before I order ;)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin