Sunday 25 January 2015

GUERLAIN Les Tendres Spring 2015: Clair (02) Meteorites Compact & Les Nuees Eyeshadow Palette

There have been quite a few Spring releases of finishing powders this year, I finally got round to testing them in store and found the Yves Saint Laurent Palette Collector Lumiere De Jour was very sheer and subtle and contained glitter (which I am not a fan of) and the Givenchy Le Prisme Visage Colour Confetti, whilst it had a pretty, albeit subtle glow, the actual base colour of the product was too dark for my pale skin (being a noticeable peach). I settled on the lightest shade of the Guerlain Météorites Compact, Clair #02 (£40).

The powder is said to blur imperfections and provide illumination and radiance. Clair #02 is meant to even the skin with the champagne colour, illuminate with the white and hide any redness with the green.

I don't feel that the powder evens out or reduces any discolouration on my skin, what it does succeed in doing is adding a subtle brightening to the skin, making the complexion look a tad smoother. The difference it makes to my overall complexion is rather subtle so I do question the necessity of this.
Whilst the powder has a smooth texture, it feels rather dry, however it applies quite nicely on the skin but I could see it accentuating very dry patches. 
Swatched below: Diorblush in Starlight, Guerlain Météorites Compact, Clair #02 and Burberry Nude Radiance Fresh Glow Powder.


Ingredients below (this is heavily scented).

The limited edition Ecrin 4 Couleurs in 18 Les Nuees (£41) contains a deep navy blue with fine sparkle, white with frosty finish, a pale baby blue with slight lavender iridescence and a white with a hint of pink with frosty finish.


What became apparent when I first used this is the formula is not the same as in the other Ombre Eclat 4 Shade Eyeshadow palettes I've had. There is a noticeable decrease in performance, the three lighter shades have quite a smooth texture but are not as soft and do not apply as evenly and the deeper blue has an even dryer texture and is crumbly and overall colour payoff of all shades is not as good as the regular palettes. As long as I wear a primer I do not get colour fade or creasing and do find the shades blend ok.

In terms of the array of shades a mid toned shade would have allowed for more contrast and therefore variety of looks, and its a shame the pink shadow does not actually go on as pink as it looks in the pan. The saving grace is that I like the finished look of this but I would not recommend due to the dip in quality and work required to get the shadows to work.


I bought these from John Lewis.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Clare, ah, so sorry to hear none of these is a real winner for you! I haven't tried the new Meteorites compacts, but I have the Crazy 68 one and it's still my go-to finishing powder. I haven't tried these new quads tho. I haven't quite seen a combination that I must own, and after what you said, I am really in no hurry to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you have Crazy 68 you might not need one of the new compacts as I don't think they would offer a better Illumination. The palette formula was a let down, I'm not sure what they have done with the formula, or why they felt the need to change it.

      Delete
  2. I've heard similar complaints... what's up with all of these duds? I feel like a lot of these spring collections and releases have been disappointing so far. Fingers crossed the chantecaille one's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not doing to well so far with Spring, I decided to not get anything from Chanel which is odd for me. I think I should have waited for reviews to come in before buying the Guerlain.
      I have high hopes for Chantecaille, I'm thinking the eyeshadow trio and the lighter lip chic.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame about the palette--but at least the end result does look quite lovely. Thanks for reviewing the powder; I own the Guerlain Voyage/Mythic one (just the refill, didn't spring for the $$$ container, tho I wish I had) and adore it, so I was wondering how different the two were. Sounds like they're pretty similar. Like you, I have dry skin, and the Guerlain is the only powder that refines and illuminates my skin instead of sucking the life out of it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The palette is a bit of a miss, had I'd known the formula was changed I would have skipped it and got the blue Tom Ford duo coming out for Spring as that looks like it would give a similar look.
      I do like the powder, though not keen on the strong fragrance, I'm glad they bought them out though as I was always eyeing up the compacts prior to these and like you say the cost of them for the container is just so high.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin