Sunday 7 February 2010

Le Métier de Beauté Nail Lacquer

As soon as I saw Phlox (£13) on the Liberty website I had to have it as it reminded me of a much loved shade I had in my younger days.
Their nail varnishes do not contain formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalate (DPB).
I’ll have to mention the size, as I know this is a bit of a stickler for some. They are 1.4 fl oz (4.0ml). The size is actually a plus point for me as I can only ever remember finishing one nail varnish before and I like compact makeup.

The colours I have are: Phlox (gently shimmered pinky lilac), Gardenia (sheer shimmery white), Magnolia (sheer shimmery cream).
Gardenia shown below:
Magnolia Shown below:
With Phlox I need two coats to get the colour in the bottle and with the lighter ones I just use one coat as I prefer really light shades to be sheer. The formula dries very quickly and for some reason is sets even quicker with the two lighter shades which does not give me much time to apply so that’s a slight negative. They wear well with minimal chipping.

One of the things I notice about these compared to others, is that the colour stays the same until you take it off, usually the colour tends to look a bit dull or faded after a while, but that’s not the case with these.
Swatches: Magnolia is the first on the left:
They have some interesting looking shades (especially if you like your purples, Violaceous Splendor and Black Orchid look really nice). Even though I tend towards darker colours, Phlox is my favourite polish out of my entire collection at the moment; the colour will be beautiful for spring.

Le Metier De Beaute is only stocked at Liberty in the UK. I have got to the sad state whereby I am checking their website every week to see if they will upload any new products but unfortunately not as yet!

Disclaimer: Magnolia and Gardenia were sent to me for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin