Wednesday 15 January 2014

Burberry Complete Eye Palette Pale Pink Taupe

Now I am a big fan of the Burberry single shadows (baring Gold Pearl which did not perform the same as my others) and though the initial reviews for the eye palettes were not positive (as it was felt the quality was not the same as the singles), as time past more favourable reviews came in so I finally made the decision that it was indeed a rather good idea to buy one, so went for Pink Taupe (£40).
You know where this is heading....


I have to say that the shadows in this particular quad are not to the same high standard as the singles. If I didn't own singles already and was therefore not doing a direct compare I might not feel disappointed, but I do have to compare them and the palette does falls short.
Pigment is quite good but the shadows are not as smooth, creamy or easy to blend as the singles nor do I find they last as well.

Pink Taupe includes a satin beige gold, a satin moss green, a matte dusty mauve and a matte cool brown. I don't find these shadows work too well together, they get muddy and its hard to pick out any distinctive colour.

The satin finishes of the singles have a lovely subtle glimmer about them, this is omitted from this quad.
Swatched below the beige gold from the palette then the single in pale barley,

I'm not blessed with good skin and am not a beauty so I really need my makeup to give me something extra, but this does nothing for me. Suffice to say I'll be sticking with the singles!

I bought this from http://uk.burberry.com

16 comments:

  1. I was really tempted by this palette, but I was concerned about the "muddy" factor. The shades seemed to close in tone to be easily distinguished. Too bad it doesn't live up to the glory of the individual shades :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a good one to avoid I think, it looks so blah on, even just using one colour at a time doesn't look that great either. Typical that they release two new palettes for the spring collection and no new singles, gah!

      Delete
  2. I really didn't tough this since I bought it when they first came out. Finally played with it a little recently & decided it's just meh & put it in the purge pile. Totally agree with your review!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though it seems wrong to purge Burberry, I do think it has to go and meh sums this palette up. I'm glad I only order one of the palettes ;)

      Delete
  3. :( what a bummer Clare! And I agree, compared to the quality of the singles, the palettes have not been as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bummer indeed, I don't understand really why they would have different formula in the palettes compared to the singles, hope its not something they will roll out with future singles.

      Delete
  4. I was going to hunt this down but thanks to you I can move on by-rather get the UB naked 3 to get the mink pinky trend!- makeupremastered:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, best to safe your money :) I am definitely going to get the UD 3, actually there is quite a few palettes I'll like the look of, the NARSissist one and the MAC filled 15 pan cool toned one, going to be an expensive few months :)

      Delete
  5. I did the same thing! Read/heard the bad reviews and so stayed away from the eye palettes when they came out, yet a month ago I bought one (the Pale Nude color). It's so disappointing, and not just compared to the usual Burberry quality, I think; I wouldn't like it if I'd paid a third of the price for something from the drugstore. So I completely agree with your review…sadly. Now I have my eye on a new (at least, new-to-me) Burberry single...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of getting the pale nude one as well when I ordered this, so glad I didn't. What single do you have your eye on? I think I am going to get mulberry next and maybe gold trench :)

      Delete
  6. Dear Clare, you are a beauty in our eyes. I only own one Burberry palette, the plummy one. I don't use it that often. I do agree that the singles are much better though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well that's lovely of you to say my dear :)
      I think we need to stick with the singles, unless of course they reformulate the palettes..crosses fingers...

      Delete
  7. I love pink taupe eyeshadow palette too. I used to wear this frequently but I have been neglecting this palette for quite a while and I think I shall use this again :D And.... I can't wait for Burberry Spring Collection to hit Singapore shelves..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear it works well for you, I just wish it was the same high quality as the singles.

      Delete
  8. Sad about the formula, I wonder why companies do this it should be the same all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't understand it either, guess it saves me money in the long run as won't pay attention to the palettes anymore ;)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin