Sunday 19 January 2014

Kevyn Aucoin The Eye Shadow Duo in #203 (Fog/Cool Smoke)

The Kevyn Aucoin Eye Shadow Duo in shade #203 (£34), contains shadows in Fog which is a dusty matte dove/slate and Cool Smoke which is a smoky navy with a hint of shimmer.


Both shades have really good pigment and feel smooth, though Fog is noticeable more creamy. Once applied I wasn't so excited by this duo, Fog applies smoothly but the edges don't seem to blend too well and Cool Smoke looks very patchy used on the lid/crease so I can only use this shade as a liner, which does limited the use of this duo.

I've tried using different primers, no primer and then just a light dusting of powder but these still don't apply as well as I would have hoped. As shown below its not really doing much for me,

I do like the concept of a cool toned, polished simple lid with a twist from the usual blacks/brown to line, but as mentioned there is really not much versatility to be had here and the application is not the best.

My husband bought me this from http://uk.spacenk.com

10 comments:

  1. Aww I'm sorry to hear about it being patchy and not so blendable! Especially considering the price, it really should do better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame, I didn't have this problem with my other KA duo so whether its just this one in particular.

      Delete
  2. I have two KA shadows, and while I love the colours... they formula splits on my lids... I was disappointed to say the least... Your swatches looked great, but I agree there isn't much impact on your lid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not good that they both don't perform well, I think I'd best not get anymore. It does swatch nicely doesn't it, now it if only applied that way:)

      Delete
  3. Oh how disappointing because the colors look so good! I love cool neutrals, too bad this one didn't work for you. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would love this as well as they are my types of shades and it swatched so nicely, shows you can't always tell.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear :/ That does seem rather lacklustre. I think Japanese brands have spoiled me -- neutrals need SOME kind of a twist for me to be interested now.
    I haven't tried the KA duos yet but the quints are a bit dry / finnicky to blend on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one of the quints but think it was before they reformulated them, I think I will steer away from KA for now, humm speaking of Japanese brands should be the Suqqu spring out soon, I quite like the look of of that RMK Kaleidoscope Nuance thing as well :)

      Delete
  5. Myeah, not impressed, what a shame :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, definitely one to skip unfortunately.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin