Wednesday 22 January 2014

Charlotte Tilbury: Cheek to Chic Blusher in First Love

Whilst I liked my first Charlotte Tilbury blush in Love Glow, it wasn’t the peachy pink I had hoped for, so I ordered the shade First love (£30) which though not pink, looked like a peachy nude shade.

It's a warm peachy/apricot shade with a satin finish. Again the outer shade is more pigmented than the inner, with the inner having a more dusty tone and nearly matte finish, the outer being more peachy/apricot with gold shimmer.

The texture is really smooth and blends well with a long wear time. Pigment was again high and it’s not what I would describe as a nude shade on me, I really do have to be light handed with application. Swatched below the outer circle, then inner and then the shades combined

Once again this colour isn’t quite right for me, whilst some peachy shades look brightening on my cool toned skin, there is too much gold here and it just looks a bit off, probably best suited to someone more yellow toned.
I do really rate the application and wear of these blushers, I just need to find the right shade for me.

I bought this from http://www.charlottetilbury.com

12 comments:

  1. Aww so sorry to hear the shade doesn't work for you :( It does sound like it could work for me though. I need to look into this line. I know it has got both positive and lukewarm feedback. I guess it goes down to picking the right pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see this shade working on you, I would definitely recommend trying the line, my favorite product so far would have to be the eyeshadow palettes.

      Delete
  2. I'm awfuly curious about CT blushes after reading so much about them. What a pretty blush, it's too bad it doesn't suit you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would really like the formula and the two shades I have I think would work better on your skin tone.

      Delete
  3. it's a gorgeous blush, but i'll need to swatch these in person before I spent that kind of money :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just frivolous and buy site unseen ;) I think I have done well on the whole from what I have picked so far from the CT line, but it would be nice to be able to see/swatch the products in real life before buying, I hope more reviews/pictures on blogs start appearing.

      Delete
  4. Hi Clare

    Such a shame this wasn't the right shade for you. I have just done a review of Love Glow, it's still in my drafts though. I bought all mine online too so it's always hard to tell if it's going to be the right match xxx

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey,
      I'll look forward to your review. I am still determined to find the right shade for me as it really is a lovely formula :)

      Delete
  5. Too bad it's not your color. I've never tried Charlotte Tilbury products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend trying the range, I've bought quite a bit now and do think its of a good quality, the eyeshadows are my favorite thing so far.

      Delete
  6. I wish websites had more accurate swatches but then again some skin chemistry is involved in how things look on us. I hope to someday be able to purchase the line in the states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am hoping that someone will do a swatch of them all side by side so I can make up my mind which shade to try next ;)
      I do hope this line becomes available to you soon, I am sure you will have quite a big "to get" list by that point ;)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin