Wednesday 8 January 2014

The new Japonesque cosmetic line: Velvet Touch Eye Shadow Palette & Pro Performance Lipstick

Japonesque, best known for their innovative, good quality (yet still affordable) brush range, recently brought out a cosmetics line. I have seen very little coverage of the range but promptly put it on my Christmas list.

The products all have a unique packaging as the swirled designs are all individual creations from a gel pigment. In the mass market of cosmetics, these little touches can make a brand stand out.

The Velvet Touch Eye Shadow Palette comes in three colourways, I have shade #2 (£24). The quad contains a yellow gold with metallic finish, shimmery peach/copper, shimmery taupe and a matte deep cool toned brown.


All shades have good pigment and the colours are true to pan. They feel smooth, with the non matte shades having a softer texture. They all apply smoothly and blend extremely well though I do find a primer best used to get them to last all day.



Ingredients:



The Pro Performance Lipstick (£15) in shade #5 is a pigmented cranberry pink with a heavy dose of gold shimmer. Though it looks rather cool in my swatch it applies warm on me (I tried getting a better swatch so many times that I made my skin blotchy, but honestly it does go on warm)

It has a good creamy/moisturising feel, with a reasonable amount of slip. It lasts well and leaves behind a slight stain. There is a slight scent to the lipstick, not flavoured but that typically lipstick smell.
Ingredients:

 I am very pleased with these colours that my husband choose for me so kudos to him. My initial impressions of the range are high, I think the quality is very good for such an affordable range (certainly comparable to more expensive brands) and the products are easy to use and wear. I will definitely be ordering more from the line.

My husband bought me these from http://www.johnlewis.com

14 comments:

  1. Aww your husband chose these for you? Kudos! He did a fantastic job! I never get tired of taupe-y eyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very impressed with his choices, he said he had to go on the product photos online as couldn't find any reviews/swatches. The Christmas before he got me a very deep intense red lipstick so these colours are more my style :)

      Delete
  2. How do I also train my husband to give me more makeup?!
    These are lovely choices and the quality & colors of these picks look really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its taken a while, I find whining about it for ages works :)
      I am really impressed with the range, I am thinking of trying the blushers next :)

      Delete
  3. I never tried Japonesque, I'm dying to do it! These items look gorgeous, your husband is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its looks a very easy to wear range on the whole so am sure you would find a lot to like about the range and yes golden star goes to the husband ;)

      Delete
  4. They do swatch beautifully and those seem very 'you' shades. Go, husband! Must check out Japonesque at JL when I'm back in London :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on the range if you do get to check them out :)
      I of course now have high hopes of future presents from husband..roll on birthday time..(apart from the whole getting older and all that)

      Delete
  5. Do you know if this line is available in the US? I have always been curious about their brushes, and lash curlers, but the makeup looks even nicer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its online at www.ulta.com only for the US, looks like they work out cheaper there than they do here in the UK, so bonus for you ;)

      Delete
  6. I saw japonesque on a few brit vlogger videos, but you are the first blog review I've seen on the line! After reading your review, I went yesterday and bought a few things - blk liner, a blush, the finishing powder, shadow single and a lipstick...and also ended up with a gwp of a brush & cute cosmetic case. When I swatched in store the textures all seemed quite nice! Excited to see how they perform in real life :-) Happy to see you are liking what you have from the line so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am glad to entice, lets hope you like them ;) That sounds like a good GWP, so good getting free stuff :)
      I'll look forward to your reviews as can use those to see what i next need to order ;l)

      Delete
  7. My Ulta catalog came today and they showed a little bit of the line. I hope it's available at my local store since I'd love to see it. I could buy online but it's so much nicer to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its always nicer to see a range in the flesh, mind you I get the feeling the colour choices are of the safe side. I'll look forward to seeing if you pick anything up x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin