Saturday 2 January 2010

Le Métier de Beauté Colour Core Lipstick and True Colour Eyeshadows

I really wanted to try a Le Metier lipstick having been really impressed by the brand so far. I settled on Dubai (£22), as I really like the lipgloss in the same name so made the presumption they would be closely matched.
On arrival this is not the case, Dubai in lipstick form is a medium cool toned rose pink (the lipgloss is a sheer shimmery pink). On application it comes out almost bright and for me (I tend to go with a more neutral lip) this is too bold so I do blot it down to give a more subtle effect. Nevis is a copper bronze, too warm for me on its own, I use this combined with my nude lipsticks as its gives a beautiful warm shimmered vibrancy. Fiji is a neutral perky pink, lighter in tone than Dubai, I find this more wearable but it’s still more pink than I would normally go for. All shades have a shimmer but I would say Nevis is more pronounced. Swatches L-R:Nevis,Fiji,Dubai

I think the pigmentation of these is amazing, with no compromise with the formula, which is silky, quite creamy and long lasting. I really want to find a shade that works for me, as I love the vibrancy of the shades and have not seen it in any other brand I have tried so far. Looking at the Liberty website I have narrowed it down to Summerland and Rio de Janero, if anyone has seen these or has them I’d love to hear your colour descriptions.
Pictured below is Nevis and Fiji.
Le Metier eyeshadows have a silky texture, good pigmentation and blend and last well. The shade selection seems to be a mix of neutrals and some more unique, brighter shades. Texture wise they seem to have matte, satin and shimmer. Of the ones I have I’d say Clay and Naked are matte, Milan and Kunzite are satin and Sugar is a shimmer.
Pictured below is Sugar and Dubai.
Sugar (£21) is an off white, slightly cream/gold toned highlighter shade. What I like most about this is the shimmer is perfect, not frosty or overly intense, I very rarely use a non-matte shade under my brow bone but this just gives the perfect highlight.
Milan is a very warm brown; a colour I would normally run away from, this however works really nicely in the crease with a champagne or light gold on the lid.
Kunzite is a no holds barred candy pink,this is a high statement colour that I think would really suite those with a darker skintone. I wear this one in the crease with silver on the lid and then a brown in the outer V so that the pink looks like it graduates to an almost smoky purple when combined with the brown.
I really want to get one of their Kaleidoscope Eye Kits, there are some really nice ones on the Neiman Marcus website at the moment so I am stalking the Liberty website in the hope they will have them up at some point.

Disclaimer: Nevis,Fiji,Milan and Kunzite were sent to me for free.

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy. You're killin me here with all these wonderful Le Metier goodies. I am completely spent out until my next payday but i have already put the stuff in will be getting into the Neiman Marcus shopping cart online. Only thing left to do now is wait for my money and then push the button. hahahah. i am going to get the Hypnotique eye kalaidoscope and the autumn embers lip kalaidoscope. i cannot wait. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the pink lipstick in the middle, I actually have never heard of this brand until you wrote about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi AfricanOrchid,
    Please let me know what you think of the kalaidoscopes when you get them, they look lovely on the NM site.

    Hi PinkSparkle84,
    I don't think its the most well known brand, shame as they have some lovely stuff. That lipstick would suit you I think, they have such rich pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin