Saturday 30 January 2010

NARS Spring D. Gorgeous shadow and Cruising lipstick

NARS always tempts me, their eyeshadows that have been released since fall 2007 are a lot better I would say ( before that I found the texture and wear not so good). D. Gorgeous is a single shadow from the spring 2010 collection, the description is spot on as its a matte sheer dusty lilac (costs £15). Its quite smooth and is applies as in the pan,I can see this one getting overlooked though as its quite a demure shade compared with the majority of the spring collection. A lot of lilacs can go on a bit too pastel and stark looking but this one is very natural.
I used to have a load of NARS lipsticks as they have some beautiful colours but although they all had a slight crayon scent to begin with it just got worse and they all ended up smelling rancid. I had heard the formula has been changed so bought Cruising (£17). I'm glad to say I don't detect a crayon smell to this one so hoping it will stay that way! The shade is a neutral extremely easy to wear subtle pink nude. This is in the semi-matte category but on me I would say the finish looks more satin than matte.

I did really want the nail varnish but it wasn't instock when I ordered (think I jumped the gun a bit as ordered as soon as some of the products appeared on the site). I really like these two items, I bought one of the new mascaras as well but I'm going to try that out more before doing my review. I ordered from the NARS UK website which is a first for me and it came quickly, packaged well and I got a free mini lipgloss, so no complaints there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin