Wednesday 8 December 2010

Chantecaille Holiday 2010 Les Macarons Face Palette

Les Macarons Face Palette offers a whole look in a very slim lined palette. It cost's £63 but I got it during the Space.Nk 20% off promo.
It contains Cassis eyeshadow (deep plum/aubergine) Caramel eyeshadow (shimmery champagne), Raspberry cheek colour ( pink with subtle shimmer), Rose highlighter ( shimmery very sheer silvered pink ) and Strawberry lipgloss (sheer pink with a touch of peach and subtle shimmer) .
The look is delicate and pretty. However, it is not one of my must haves. The combination of shades works extremely well but the colours themselves are not unique and whilst I cannot fault the performance of any of the items, it hasn’t made as much of an impact on me as the Tiger in the wild palette did.
Here are the ingredients:
I will say that it has brought to my attention that I have never eaten a macaroon which is something I will need to rectify.

6 comments:

  1. I had never tried macaroons until quite recently - I recommend the Jasmine flavoured one at the counter in Selfridges food hall, a pretty coloured macaroon and not overly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had a macaroon in a long time.... I wonder if my little bakery ever has those ;)

    I like the look of this palette but it's not near as striking as the tiger one. Good thing you got it on sale. These crazy sales all seem to go at once! Most brands here are having sales and I'm trying not to go to the poor house with temptations! thanks for the post x jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely try a macaroon, they are lovely!

    The palette looks pretty and swatches well but I'm not drawn to it. Though I like the look of Cassis very much. My purse can breathe a sigh over this one! ;)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am loving the eyeshadow colours. I think this palette would be nice for valentines day but my wallet says no!

    my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!
    But I'm with Jane on this one, it just does not speak to me that much and besides, I don't think I would have the heart to actually touch and mess it up... :-))
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meeta,
    ooh Jasmine flavoured one that sounds interesting, this could be the beginning of a bad thing ;)

    Hi Jeanie,
    I've started something here haven't I ;) I feel inundated with all the sales that are going on, seems so much more than last year, makes me wonder if places are struggling.

    Hi Jane,
    I spotted some in Marks so am going to try and pick them up this weekend, although I think as soon as the boy sees them will have a fight on my hands! x

    Hi Jen,
    Yes, Chantecaille prices can be a bit hefty. I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it but I probably could have done without it tbh!

    Hi Nina,
    I just dive straight in, the same as with my things that have pretty overlays :) Have you seen their new lipstick formula they have realeased ? Might pick one up x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin