Wednesday 22 December 2010

Le Métier de Beauté Eye Brightening and Setting powder

Le Métier de Beauté's brightening and setting powder is extremely lightweight with a smooth and silky texture. With a very light dusting it sets my concealer without emphasising lines, if you overload your brush with too much product (like I did the first time) it does go on looking a bit dry, so only a little bit is required.
Whilst I think it is good for the under eye area, its the application on my lid that has made me take notice and its become an essential product to perk up that area.
It subtly brightens with a matte rather than shimmery finish. It also creates the perfect blank canvas, giving full coverage to even out the discolouration on my eyelids (which are getting a lot worse the older I get).
I bought shade Refresh (£22) which is the perfect match for me, however I do notice it comes in only two shades so might be quite limiting.
Swatched below:
I also have found this really useful when I want to lighten up shadows without turning the colour patchy or looking too stark.
I bought this from Selfridges.

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a must have for me! gota check this out next time am at Selfridges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, I could really use this at the moment with my terribly pink eyes (conjunctivitis!) and dark circles! What's the other colour? And which one would you recommend for me? I'll let you do the homework for me, hehe!! Love the compact, stylish as always! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this looks great. I use eyeshadows often for a similar effect but I think would be much better plus there is the multi-purpose aspect of being able to use it on the under-eye area.
    Thanks for posting xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Get Gawjus,
    I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I'll do, I'll be interested to see if you go for it :)

    Hi Anna,
    Oh no conjunctivitis, I bet you are having fun with that! I hope it goes away very soon.
    I have a feeling you may well be between the shades, the darker shade is called Revive, but thebeautylookbook says she can only use that in the summer months otherwise its a bit too dark, I'm not being very helpful am I x

    Hi Jane,
    I think it would be something you would get a lot of use out of. I think I should be getting their liquid eyeliner for Christmas that you and Nina thought was good, not sure I'll be able to get as straight a line as you though! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My very dear Replica
    I wish you a wonderful Christmas with all your loved ones around you! I've been offline since I came back home to Athens a fortnight ago, and I'm missing you all like crazy...still, having a good time now after having completed all my assignments at last!
    Wishing you all the best (and apologising for my silence), I send you lots of love!
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nina,
    I bet you are glad to get all the assignments out of the way! I hope you have a lovely Christmas and get lots of makeup pressies.Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin