Friday 10 December 2010

NUDE Skincare

Having highly sensitive skin I have not fared well with a lot of the more natural skincare ranges (probably due to ingredients such as essential oils). However, after reading many positive reviews I decided to pick up the Cleansing facial oil (£22) and Hydrating water (£12).
The cleansing oil is meant to remove every trace of makeup, even waterproof mascara. I was very surprised how light this felt, it didn’t feel like it was clogging up my skin.
It appeared to remove my face makeup well but could not remove my mascara completely. It wasn’t until I used the hydrating water afterwards that I realised that it hadn’t removed my makeup as efficiently as I thought. So whilst it did make my skin feel soft, I had to do a double cleanse to remove all makeup.
The hydrating water (£12) is a rose and vanilla floral water. It removes the last bits of cleanser and makes my skin feel moisturised. I should mention that I had to use the products together, using just the oil resulted in some areas of congestion but I usually get this with oil based products if I don’t use a toner afterwards.

Overall there are a lot of things to like about the Nude Skincare range, they omit a lot of the ingredients that we seem to be avoiding these days (mineral oils, sulphates, parabens, propylene glycol, phthalates and silicones ) and have a focus on Sustainability (40% of the range is made using recycled plastic).

The combination made my skin feel soft and comfortable. The downside for me was the amount of product I had to use to get my face completely cleansed.
I am still interested in some of the Nude range, most notably the Advanced Cellular Renewal Serum, however I don’t think I will go back to the cleansing items as I have since found the Elemental Herbology range, which I will tell you about soon.

Cleansing facial oil ingredients: glycine soja (soybean) oil, polyglyceryl-4-oleate (vegetable oil), squalene (olive oil), tocopherol acetate (plant sources), natural fragrance (parfum), benzyl benzoate (essential oil), linalool (essential oil), eugenol (essential oil)

Hydrating water ingredients: water (aqua), rosa damascena flower water, glycerin (plant sources), vanilla planifolia fruit extract, maltodextrin (fermented sugar), citrus grandis (grapefruit), inulin (chicory root), vanilla tahitensis fruit extract, equisetum arvense (horsetail), alpha-glucan oligosaccharide (corn and beet), opuntia streptacantha stem extract (prickly pear), tilia cordate (linden) extract

http://www.nudeskincare.com/

8 comments:

  1. I received some samples of this brand in the mail this week, it was such a surprise, as I don't recall signing up for samples or anything LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GABY, you might have signed up for samples through thebeautybite! The same thing happened to me when I received my samples a couple weeks ago. I had completely forgotten that I had signed up! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried samples of the cleansing oil and I used it after RMK Cleansing oil. I have to admit, I didn't get on with the Nude oil at all. I found it too rich and really difficult to get rid of. I don't know whether this was because I was comparing directly to the RMK which I really liked though.

    I have quite mixed views about Nude. I had quite a few samples to try but the only thing I liked was the Miracle Mask. The moisturiser I tried I disliked so much I had to wash it off! I find it a really mixed bag; some very good, some not so good. Like you I am very interested in the Renewal Serum. Especially after Grace's update. I look forward to your Elemental Herbology post.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gaby,
    That is a nice surprise, at least that way you can try them out and decide if they work for you.

    Hi Stephanie,
    I think I might have missed that! oh well, its a shame more companies don't give out samples like that.

    Hi Jane,
    Do you still use the RMK oil ? I'm sure I had a sample of that once when I ordered some stuff from Look fantastic but I have a feeling there was an ingredient in it I usually avoid.
    I'll make sure to avoid the moisturiser! Yes, Grace is being a bit of a temptress with her update isn't she ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! At the moment I'm finishing off my No.7 Cleanser and also trying out the Shu Uemura oil. I do really like the combination of the RMK oil and the creamy wash so I think once everything has been used up, I'll buy the full sizes. I bought the Emma Hardie set to use but then decided I should be nice and give that as a present. The serum is really tempting though. I'd love to be as unlined as Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That EH will make a nice present, I don't think I am as nice as you though, mostly I think you'd have to prise stuff out of my hand, as it is if I do buy something cosmetic wise for something it has a habit of never reaching its intended recipient ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review! I had a most unsavory experience with the Shu Umemura cleansing oil last winter!! OMG it was so bad, it gave me cystic acne, some of the scars of which are yet to fade :(( I have pathologically dry skin that gets flaky in winter so I tried the oil to combat that, maybe it was just the way I used it or something else I did wrong but it just did not agree with me. I do believe it contains mineral oil, although I'm not usually sensitive to these things.. This has kind of put me off cleansing oils but I still need a rich cleanser so I've found my holy grail in Boscia's soothing cleansing cream, it's a wonderful preservative free line, this cleanser is rich and gentle enough for winter but but not so heavy that you can't use it in summer. I highly recommend it! Have you tried anything from Boscia?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lakshmi,
    Cystic acne is the worst, I still have scarring from my ones that has lasted years, really stands out on my pale skin as well. I'll make sure to avoid the Shu!
    I have never even heard of Boscia, I just did a search for it after I read your comment, looks like its not on any majour sites in the UK, just some I've not bought from before, I'll do some more research on it though as you have me intrigued! x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin