Sunday 26 December 2010

Dolce and Gabbana Smooth Eye Colour Duo Mystery

Is it me or are people not really talking about D&G makeup anymore ?
I’ve only tried a few things from the line and I do like the eye shadows as they are pigmented, smooth and blend easily. What has held me back a bit is their colour selection which I find a bit odd in some cases.
Harrods (who sell the makeup exclusively in the UK) added some of the shadows from collections released this year so I picked up the Duo in Mystery and Quad in Fabulous (I’ll review this at a later date).
Mystery (£22) is a combo of a slightly shimmered lilac paired with a brown with bronze tone and very subtle sparkle. The lilac has a brightness to it and the bronze/brown is a rich colour.
I wouldn't necessarily have thought to pair these shadows together as one is cool toned the other warm, however it does work well.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, the D & G products go unnoticed! I have their eyeshadow quad and love it to bits. This one seem stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I've been wondering why D&G wasn't reviewed more. I've only begun noticing them but don't know enough about them to make any decision. Thank you for the review. Will you be doing a EOTD? Can't wait to read your review on the quad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Stromboli quad and love it. I don't have access to the brand in my town though, so I have to order sight unseen which I don't like to do. This duo looks very nice--I like the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Get Gawjus,
    I do wonder if the range will last tbh, shame as the shadows are really nice.

    Hi Joolz,
    Light permitting I'll try and get an EOTD done for you and I'll post it when I do my post of the quad.

    Hi Prime Beauty,
    I did like the look of that one, although think it would be too warm on me. I think I probably buy the majority of stuff sight unseen which can often result in a few surprices :) thats why I rely heavily on pictures/reviews on blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin