Wednesday 20 February 2013

Ambre Botanicals Luxurious Oils Blend Face Serum & Gentle Face Soap

Though I am not normally a fan of face oils I have been really impressed with the Luxurious Oils Blend Face Serum (£25) from the independently owned raw natural skin and body care brand, Ambre Botanicals.

Its contains ingredients such as Marula (rich in anti-oxidants, to help heal skin tissue and make the skin smooth and resilient), Meadowfoam oil (which is an extremely emollient plant oil), Rosehip (to regenerate/heal the skin) and Evening Primrose (to help repair and maintain skin tissue).

   
Its super concentrated as I know to expect from Ambre Botanicals. It has a fuss free formulation which only contains ingredients to benefit the skin rather than fillers. I don't feel like it leaves my skin oily/greasy, nor does it cause my sensitive skin any problems. I use it at night if my skin is feeling dry, mixed in with my day moisturiser and also on the body. It provides long lasting hydration and makes the skin feel nourished.

Ingredients : Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Meadow Foam Oil (Limnanthes Alba), Marula Oil (Sclerocarya Birrea), Rosehip Oil (Rosa Rubiginosa), Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Fiennis), Avocado Oil (Persea Americana), Non-GMO Natural Vitamin E (D-alpha Tocopherol), Natural Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate), Rosemary Antioxidant (Rosmarinus Officinalis). Unscented.
 
I find face soaps irritating and ineffective for cleansing/make up removal, so my expectations were low, however I was pleasantly surprised by the gentle face soap (£10) . The cold process soap is made from ingredients such as; Avocado butter (a rich source of essential vitamins), Shea butter (moisturising and conditioning ) and Coconut/Palm Kernel oils (to cleanse the skin).
This removes makeup extremely well, several time I would try using a cleanser/toner afterwards to find any residue left, but there was none.It  leaves no greasy feel/coating on the skin and washes away well. 
One thing I would say though is that I wasn't sure if you could use this on the eyes, I did and would advise you don't, as it stings.
I don't use this everyday as it doesn't provide my dry skin with enough moisture but I make sure to use it at least once a week as it really does provide that squeaky clean feel.
 
Ingredients:


Ambre Botanicals products contain no chemical ingredients or preservatives, artificial colour or fragrance, I've bought quite a lot from the brand now and have no complaints.
You can view and buy their products from ambrebotanicals.com

I bought the serum from Etsy.com and the soap was sent to me for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin