Sunday 3 February 2013

Chanel Raffinement eye shadow quad

The promotional image for the Les Printemps Precieux De Chanel spring collection really caught my attention, its elegant, fresh and yet not overdone.

The Raffinement quad (£37) contains a shimmery medium cool taupe,shimmery champagne, deep warm semi matte brown, and a shimmery sand.


There is enough contrast between the tones to allow a few different looks and its one of those great everyday basic range of shades that you know you will get a lot of use out of.


My reviews of the Chanel baked eyeshadow quads tend to contain mutterings on how powdery and dry the texture is accompanied by poor pigmentation. However, whilst this is still not comparable to the duo formula, this is the best baked quad I have tried from Chanel. The most noticeable difference is that the pigment is much better and they are less powdery and don't blend out to nothing or become murky.

Overall whilst the shades are not unique, its a very easy to wear set of shades to allow for a polished look.

I bought this from Boots.

10 comments:

  1. This definitely looks like a better quad from chanel. Love the look you created. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm sure I read somewhere that they were reformulating the singles so would be interesting if they do change these baked quads as well.

      Delete
  2. The color looks very nice on the pan. However I agree that the texture is dry hence I decided to skip this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if the quads had the same texture as the duos, it does seem strange to have such a difference within the same range.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree! The duos have great quality and the quad in Asia/Eu version are just meh..

      Delete
    3. I'm glad its not just me then :)

      Delete
  3. I bought this quad a few weeks ago. I've been slightly disappointed by the Prelude quad, so I was hoping these colors would suit me better. Fingers crossed bc the Prelude colors look so blah on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gummy,
      This should give you a bit more colour/defined look than Prelude so hopefully it will be a winner for you :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is a nice selection of shades to just throw on without too much thought :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin