Wednesday 6 February 2013

Dior Cherie Bow spring 2013

I initially disregarded the very pink toned spring Cherie Bow collection from Dior. I of course made the mistake of swatching the collection thus making me decide that I did in fact need some of this sheer pink prettiness in my life.....


I picked up the lighter toned eye palette, Rose Ballerine (£41). It contains a shimmery candy pink, frosty pale pink, frosty/iridescent peachy pink, metallic/frost white, and a shimmery grey/taupe.

 
The colours go on very sheer and although they have the smooth, creamy feel I would expect from Dior, I think these have gone a step too far with the softness (apart from the grey), so much in fact that any type of blending seems to obliterate the pigment and they need to be patted on. Furthermore, even with an eye base I find by mid day I have significant fading.

In terms of the overall look, whilst this is prone to looking too frosty it does give a brightening very feminine look which I can't deny is quite pretty.
Ingredients:

I selected one lipstick from the Cherie Bow display what I though was the pink lipstick from the collection, unfortunately I later found out that the counter only had Espiegle and had substituted Candide and Charmante with shades from the regular line and had a fourth shade which I had unwittingly picked up.

I think this is misleading and I will have to check names of seasonal releases beforehand if I go to this counter as I can't trust that they will actually display the correct products. So the colour I have is called Bow (£21). Its a cool very sheer baby pink,with a glowy/gloss finish.

The colour gives me that overly cool milky frostbitten look, its unflattering on me. It feels comfortable on and quite light weight but the colour does not have any longevity.

Ingredients:

There were a few other items I wanted from the spring collection but I just feel a bit sour grapes about it now so don't think I'll bother ...flounces off...

I bought these from Boots

12 comments:

  1. It annoys me when brands substitute for sold out/missing items from a collection. Mac used to do it, but they've stopped now - they just mark items as sold out. Sorry you got caught by it :(

    I quite liked the look of the deeper pink lipstick from the collection (Espiegle, maybe?) - they do seem a lot sheerer than the regular Addict lipsticks though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to be more careful next time before I go to that counter ;) Still had it turned out to be a nice colour on me, I'm sure I'd be less moody ;)
      Espiegle does look quite nice, it seems to be the most colourful out of the lot x

      Delete
  2. The taupe eyeshadow is really pretty! I'm sorry they gave you the wrong lip colour, that's so terrible. The colour you got is nice though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The taupe is the nicest shade, I'm sure I'll make a dent in that one before the others ;)

      Delete
  3. Aw... Replica, I'm sorry your haul didn't make you happy. I hate it when I have high expectations about something and only to be disappointed like that. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it didn't quite turn out as expected, thinking about it I don't have much luck with previous Dior spring releases so should learn really ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped buying Dior eye palettes because somehow they don't work out for me.

      Delete
    2. I do find they are prone to being too shimmery/frosty which I find more difficult for me to wear the older I get.

      Delete
  5. Flounces? I think you're very restrained. I think I'd probably start trying to sabotage the counter using rogue testers as missiles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that conjures up a strange image ;) probably best I don't get banned from boots, where would I go for my lunch time choc fix? xx

      Delete
  6. The only thing I've picked up so far from this collection is the pink nail polish, but I'm very tempted by this eye palette! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink polish was one of the items I had been eyeing up ;) I do really like the grey in the palette but the others are not that exciting x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin