Sunday 24 February 2013

Suqqu Spring 2013: Face Colour Palette EX-02

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I have been doing a daily check on the Selfridges site in anticipation for the Suqqu spring release. The brand is notorious for extremely quick sell outs of their limited editions and after seeing how pretty the collection looked from pictures floating around on blogs, I wasn't taking the chance of missing out.

Today I will show you the Face Colour Palette, I also bought one of the eye palettes, Sumiredama EX-11, which I'll review after I have tested it some more.
On opening the palette you are presented with two good quality brushes.

The second layer contains the two powder products (one a highlighter and one a blush) and a mirror. The face palette (£50) is inspired by a vintage pearl necklace and the embossed pearl pattern is certainly pretty.


The left highlighter shade is meant to create a pearly glow to the skin, it illuminates well adding a subtle brightening sheen to the skin.

It has a similar effect to the Lumière Sculptée de Chanel Highlighting Powder, though with a cooler tone.
Swatched below with Lumière Sculptée de Chanel Highlighting Powder on the left.

The blusher is a soft warm pink with a satin finish, it gives a lovely fresh glow to the skin.


Both have a soft, smooth texture, feel lightweight and blend beautifully on the skin without any effort. Both of the powders have a slight scattering of sparkle though its barely detectable on the skin.
Ingredients:

I wouldn't say either is extremely long lasting and do get a bit of fade after five hours.
They are very pretty and easy to wear, and the quality is very high. I have no regrets over this purchase though I would say that if you have similar colours from a high quality brand, these aren't necessarily going to rock your world.

I bought this from selfridges.com

19 comments:

  1. The face palette is gorgeous but not sure I could justify £50. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a bit spendy, I just tell myself that if I were to buy a blusher and a highlighter it would work out more expensive ;)

      Delete
  2. A palette with good brushes? Good for suqqu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart jumped a bit when I see this post. I am super lemming for that Suqqu spring eyeshadow because of the purple duo chrome on the bottom left. I cant wait to hear what u say about Sumiredama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that the purple duo chrome is really unique, I'm very glad I got the eye palette :)

      Delete
  4. The face palette is indeed beautiful but didnt really wow-ed me. The eyeshadow palette looks more enticing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does lack the wow factor a bit, now the eye palette really is special :)

      Delete
  5. I just had a quick look on Selfridges and I'm going to assume the eyeshadow palette has sold out. You are now duty bound to tell me it's horrible and I don't need it ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      I read somewhere that they put it on the site too early as its not on the UK counters yet, not sure if thats true but if so would explain why it was there and then not on the same day.
      As much as I would love to tell you the eye palette is horrid, its not and yes I think you do need it, Bday present perhaps ;) xx

      Delete
    2. Oh, that makes sense about it being there and then disappearing as I've known Selfridges release things online too early before. I will have to keep my eyes peeled! Do you have a birthday wishlist sorted? I've already placed a small clothes order with Baukjen in anticipation of birthday money. Oopsie :D xx

      Delete
    3. I've not ordered clothes from there before so will have a look :) there might be a few makeup items on my list... I think husband is going to choose it himself so will see what I end up with ;)xx

      Delete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS! I've been long wrestling with myself about whether or not to get the face palette. I've passed on it, but it does look so luxe and pretty. AIEEEE.

    I'm really looking forward to how you like the eye shadow palette you've purchased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellyhead, I think the face palette is divine as well.

      Delete
    2. I do really like it but if I had to choose I would go with the eye palette. I am thiking I should have got one of the lipsticks as well..oooh the regret.. ;)

      Delete
  7. They are very pretty. All three eyeshadow pallets have a duochrome shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The duochrome does make it very interesting, I am tempted to get one of the other ones :)

      Delete
  8. I hadn't been remotely interested in the face palette. UNTIL NOW, REPLICA. Until. now.
    I adored the Chanel texture but it was too yellow on me. You just had to make that comparison swatch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have sensed that you weren't spending all your money ;) no yellow in the Suqqu, sure would be a shame for you not to buy it I guess and what with it being limited edtion and all.... ;) x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin