Wednesday 7 August 2013

Clarins Graphic Expression Fall Collection: Eye Quartet Mineral Palette in Forest

I couldn't resist picking up the eyeshadow palette from the Fall Graphic Expressions collection for Clarins. Named Forest (£31), the colours really do look autumnal.

It contains a shimmery khaki, sheer gold shimmer overlay, shimmery taupe with a bronze edge and dusty charcoal with subtle golden sparkles. The shimmer is gentle and just gives the shades a lift, the colours do not go on muddy and are neutral toned rather than leaning warm (which I was very pleased about).

The overall effect is a sightly smoky, earthy, natural look. It probably seems a strange thing to say but there is something very comfortable about these shades.

The shadows have a firm feel and do feel a bit dry to the touch, and the black and khaki don't blend as nicely as the taupe/bronze. Overall pigment is good, there is no fall out and all shades have a good wear time.


This is a very nice, well coordinated, fuss free palette. The taupe bronze shade is such a beauty, to be fair I would have bought the palette for that shade alone.

Ingredients:


I bought this from John Lewis

6 comments:

  1. wow .. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL !
    I need to hop on the clarins band wagon asap ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying it, I like the option of the sheer golden shimmer as well as can make quite a difference to the overall effect :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous palette and equally gorgeous eye look. This palette suits you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I was really pleased that this didn't go muddy on me as sometimes these types of colours can look so very bad on me :)

      Delete
  3. I was waiting for this review! I literally added and removed this palette from my "shopping cart" many times last week. I was not so blown away by the texture of previous palettes this year but this taupe is about to change my mind. Have you applied it wet or dry? Which one works better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I have only actually used this dry so far as the pigment seems really good, I think if you got this you might not change your mind about the texture of this compared to their other palettes but I do so love the colours and know I will get loads of use out of it.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin