Wednesday 21 August 2013

Dior Fall Mystic Metallics: Bonne Etoile

Though the limited edition Bonne Etoile quad (£41) from the Fall Mystic Metallics collection looked very much high on drama, which doesn't fit in with the more natural make-up I am sporting these days, I knew I wouldn't be able to resist.


The palette is predominately cool toned and all shades have a varying degree of shimmer/metallic finishes. It contains a smoky deep olive, silver pewter with a hint of mauve, seafoam green, deep blue/teal and in the centre a slightly bronzed brown with a golden fleck.

This palette is high on drama and all shades combined give rather a glitzy look, I've used all shades below but its too high impact on me so I'll likely use no more than two shades at a time.


The shadows all have good pigment, blend beautifully with a good wear time.Though some shades are not the smoothest, this is still a high quality palette which has a much improved performance compared to the palettes from this years Spring and Summer collection.

So although I can't see this being an everyday palette for me, I'll be sure to  bring it out for moments when I want that bit more drama.

I bought this from Boots.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for your enticing review giving me no choice but to buy it ;)

      Delete
  2. This does look like a beautiful palette, which some lovely autumn colours and the eye look is lovely. Sometimes when I want something toned down a bit I blend UD Buck on top which mutes the shimmer down for a bit more softer look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meeta, I bet these colours would look stunning on you.I'll look into the UD Buck as that sounds really handy :)

      Delete
  3. Oh lovely, Clare. This is perfect and so pretty on your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm going to get the purple one as well I think and also liked the look of the trio with the mauvey silvers, spend,spend spend.. ;)

      Delete
  4. I haven't really fancied any new makeup for ages (yes, really!) but this is one item that really has caught my eye a lot recently. I had convinced myself that the eyeshadows wouldn't be smooth/pigmented enough, I guess I'm going to toss that argument out now, aren't I?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane,
      The pigment is definitely there,I don't think its an everyday type of palette but there are quite a few looks to be done with it.
      Have to say I have really missed you and really hope you will return to blogging one day xxx

      Delete
  5. I love this palette and you did a fabulous job with it. It sold out in the US so quickly. An MA called me to tell me she had 3 and by the time I called her back to buy one, it was gone. Luckily I had mine but my poor friend didn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcia :) Thats a shame about it selling out before your friend could get it, that doesn't tend to happen with Dior in the UK but often Chanel seasonal releases will sell out.

      Delete
  6. The more I see this the more I like it and want to go swatching for myself :-) Love the look you created!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I still feel a bit overdone with all the shades on to be honest, but I know I would have regretted it had I not bought it :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin